Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's an update... got the tire mounted and threw on the back axle so you could get a better picture. I definitely won't be doing the rest of the wheels now that i'm committed to doing the Titan swap... that's for another thread!

(Original post:)
I got an extra S wheel for a spare a couple weeks ago (thx Greg) and while I wait on my swing away I thought I'd try this out for looks. The wheel had a couple good scratches in it so I sanded it, wiped it down with mineral spirits, primed (krylon) and sprayed with gloss black(krylon). When dried the finish came out surprisingly smooth for rattle can. I don't have my new spare tire yet so I just mocked it up in front of the wheel on the X for you to see the result... maybe some of you good photochoppers can make it a little better.
I'm still undecided on doing all the wheels but this is definitely the way this one is going to stay.

·
on line
161 Posts
you know i actually really like that. I dont think ill do it to all my S wheels though, that is, until i get my offroad wheels because most offroad tires call for an 8" wide rim, and the S rims are only 7 i believe. But definately a good look and a good plan for the future...

:cat:

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I didn't realize until after looking at it a while the X looks black... it's actually night armor... guess it's just because of the glare or shadow cast from the house.

Thanks for all the feedback. I should have the tire on in a week or so; i'll get a couple pics of it mounted then.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Cool. What are you doing with the center caps?

·
on line
161 Posts
that is wicked insane..... im from NE so i can say that. I might actually do that now even with stockies on my rims. Wow...... speechless, update later on how the paint holds, sounds like you did a nice job with sanding and all, so it should stick. If not, how much does spray paint cost? lol

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Re: Black "S" wheel (update)

lifeinthesouth said:
I definitely won't be doing the rest of the wheels now that i'm committed to doing the Titan swap... that's for another thread!
Titan swap?

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Looks good man.

·
on line
168 Posts
Let us know how that black paint holds up. I have a silver Xterra and I think the black rims would look great.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Wow, really?
I thought that was a lower-end price for wheels.

At least I'm getting them for 25% off anyway.

Yeah, I'll post photos when installed, but...
I didn't order tires at the same time, just the rims for now, so it'll be a while.
________
*** Anal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts