Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 'look' I am planning for my X, I am going to be replacing my emblems all with the 'black pearl' color ones instead of the stock ones that are already on there. Has anyone seen any of these emblems for cheaper then the following, or is this basically what we are stuck with?

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Mercha...=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=62890-EA000B

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Mercha...n=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=80894-OFFBP

I know it doesn't seem too bad, but for replacing emblems I will end up paying something like $300.00, and that just makes me cringe thinking about it.

·
on line
400 Posts
$300 just for that ehh

btw what about the Xterra Emblem..

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the off-road model, so I have the regular looking emblems. However, I really have my mind set on a look for the X and I just ordered the final Shrock piece (rear bumper) and already have the front bumper and rock sliders on. All of them are black, and with my granite X I plan on Line-Xing the side corners as well as the side door bumper guard thingies. That will put all of the parts that have the second color to black instead of the off grey, and it will match the bumpers. I am planning on getting these black pearl emblems for the car to highlight the change to the black as the 'accessory color', just hoped for it to be cheaper. :( Once it's all done, I will post pics of the car and leave it up to you guys to judge, but I figured it would be something slightly different for the X to stand out a little bit.

·
on line
463 Posts
Hey Erick,
I gotta warn you about those emblems !
I ordered the black pearl for the front of mine. The first one that arrived was bubbled on the front edge and the " chrome " was peeling.
So, I returned it, given the extraordinary cost.
( They are plastic after all )
The next one to arrive took three weeks, so now it's been five weeks since I started this fiasco. Courtesy has been really great and all But, this one had a broken tab at the bottom.
The color isn't Black as you may think, it's kind of a smokey chrome.
I, honestly, was looking for more Blackish color.

PM me if you want more info or input.

Jim B

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Maybe spray the stock ones with some smoke or dark translucent paint like
the ones used on hobby cars? Then coat with some clear after that.

·
on line
463 Posts
I must admit that I hadn't thought of the translucent colors.
You might have something there Xterrrock.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
:compress:
It's something a lot of "ricers" do to inexpensively color their badges
and/or lights. I have heard that some people buy it from Wallymart and
some arts/craft stores like Michael's. I figure that a hobby store would have
a little more selection. Total cost under ~$20. :cheers:

CLICKY1

CLICKY2

CLICKY3

·
on line
163 Posts
I have a black, and think the smoked would look good....

...but first off, what about the rear? Emblem and "Xterra" badge?

And you'll end up spending near $300-$400 for fluff.

·
on line
551 Posts
I thought they looked pretty good, till I saw one in person. Wasn't impressed especially for the money. But your truck and wallet, and if that's the look you want,then go for it. It's just too much for me

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I would like to rid my truck of all chrome. I've seen threads on other forums using Testor's (I think) model paint or high temp barbecue grill paint. Basically you rough up the chrome, plastic prime it and shoot it with your choice of paint. Don't know how it would hold up. While I think it would look pretty sweet on my night armor I am in no rush to run out and do it. Too many functional mods taking priority over this one. Definitely has a cool factor though
Edit:
Found it.

http://www.4runners.org/articles/blackpearl/

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ems-take-look-4.html?highlight=painted+badges

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that is the issue, there is definitely things I would rather buy with $300+ then some emblems that I already have...but I am getting some great suggestions on how to work with the existing emblems to possibly get them a tone that I would be happy with.

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really a non-issue for me though, I just ordered my rear bumper and with the spare tire covering up the 'Xterra' I had already decided to remove it.

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am liking the idea of using the spray paint. At least worse case, if it flakes or scratches then I can just re-spray it.

·
on line
463 Posts
These are great ideas !

As usual, Our Group helps out Again !
(This is where we all cheer for each other !)

Seriously, I'll be looking to darken my emblem before investing in any more new emblems !

Thanks, Group!!

Jim B

1 - 20 of 30 Posts