Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running BP Skids with the Shrock Gas Tank Skid?

I just tried to install the Shrock Gas skid and the BP T/C skid gets in the way of the front lip of the gas skid.

I need to take the grinder to the T/C Skid. Ugh!!!

·
on line
641 Posts
kokopop said:
Anyone running BP Skids with the Shrock Gas Tank Skid?

I just tried to install the Shrock Gas skid and the BP T/C skid gets in the way of the front lip of the gas skid.

I need to take the grinder to the T/C Skid. Ugh!!!
I know, same happened here. :whax:

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you end up cutting it? I thought there might be some play front and back, but the slops are cut in the opposite direction.

Looks like my grinder will get a work out this weekend.

Top it off the frame bolt for the shrock skid is gone. So I have to tap it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
kokopop said:
Top it off the frame bolt for the shrock skid is gone. So I have to tap it.
You mean the bolt that holds the front drivers side of the skid to the frame? Mine too! I ripped it out when I ripped the stock tank skid off. I have not fixed mine yet, but my plan is to cut a very smal slot in the frame and using the shock trick of welded nut on a wire, feeding a new nut down into the frame. I have been running around with zip ties holding the skid up...it's worked so far. ;)

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is when mine happened. I have a 3/8" tap that I am going to try. I don't think it needs much to hold it in place.

·
on line
641 Posts
kokopop said:
Did you end up cutting it?
Nope, just loose the T/C skid, slide the gas tank skid lip under the T/C skid, bolt the gas tank skid and tighten the T/C skid. It's a tight fit.

The only thing I had to cut was the front right bolt lip. A dremel took care of it.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I figured that out after I installed the gas tank skid and removed the T/C skid.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No cutting need just need to remove the BP T-Case skid, install shrock skid, then reinstall the BP T-case skid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts