Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm looking for some black lug nuts to put on my black wheels, but I'm a bit torn as to which ones to get. as long as they do the job well I don't really care what shape they are, provided you can't see the stud thru the middle (closed end).

I'm looking at a couple, any suggestions? I'd rather not drop a benji on these!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12x1...140056612030QQihZ004QQitemZ140056612030QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLAC...180055985659QQihZ008QQitemZ180055985659QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blac...140057183631QQihZ004QQitemZ140057183631QQrdZ1

Thanks!

Also - Please help me out with my other post someone, how the heck do you bend back the fender well so the new tires won't rub??? And will I be discarding my mud flaps?

·
on line
163 Posts
I like the 3rd option. I think it is the cleanest and nicest looking. I don't know if they are the right size of not though.

As far as fender liner, you need a heatgun. If you don't have one you can get them at sears for $25 (a good one) and I'm sure Lowes or Home Depot have event cheaper ones.

Heat up that little section that pops out
Push it in and hold it in
While holding it in, heat up the section (not your hand) and hold it until it cools a bit and it will hold its shape.

- Jack

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I got it as far as the fender liner, but do I need to do anything to anything else? anything metal?

·
on line
1,320 Posts
As far as the lug nuts go... I say #2... just because they're JDM and that's cool!
They're all 12x1.5"... is that what the thread specs are on the spacers, cuz i'm pretty sure our stockers are 12x1.25!

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the third ones. excited to get these babies on!!!

Also- does anyone reccommend anything to paint the balancing weights black with? they stick out like lil' sore thumbs all silver like that.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh lord I really hope that's what the thread specs are on the spacers, I should have double checked that first... someone told me they were but i really should have double checked...

·
on line
315 Posts
Yes they are ... Greg took forever to find the right lugs for the spacers and ended up with those. I used them when I test fitted the one wheel and it was the right one. Unless my lugs are marked wrong, you'll be fine, dude!

·
on line
163 Posts

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool beans, I'll just do the fender liner for the time being, and if i hear/see any rubbing, I'll do the metal stuff. I like the locking lugs, but rarely take the X anywhere where it would be in danger of something being purloined from it, it lives in my garage while at home and in our safe covered parking lot while at work. I'm going to devise a theft deterrant though, don't worry!

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Thanks Spicoli. I haven't experienced any rubbing yet. But I'm thinking that might be attributed to my more narrow tires. Just good to know that guys who have wider tires experience insignificant to no rubbing.

Last question, still haven't taken my new 33"s off-road yet. So what kind of rubbing can I expect under articulation?
________
YAMAHA FS1E HISTORY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts