Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't know if it's BF specific, but Ironman 4x4 is has some pretty sweet deals on their camping equipment. I just ordered a 6 ft awning plus the awning extension/windbreak for 280ish bucks total. A helluva lot cheaper than I would have spent on an ARB setup.

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
117 Posts
Has anyone seen any sales on winches? I've been searching and haven't seen anything.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
BKCTX.

"Rugged Ridge" winches are on sale at 4WP + there is a $100 mail in rebate.

Reactions: Chinoel

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
117 Posts
BKCTX.

"Rugged Ridge" winches are on sale at 4WP + there is a $100 mail in rebate.

Oh awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I've been watching the 4 wheel parts website and hadn't seen anything regarding BF.

Anyone have thoughts on the Rugged Ridge winches? I don't have any experience with them.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Much like yourself, I wasn't very familiar with this brand of winch.

Google provided several comparison reviews against brands such as Smittybuilt and the Ruggedridge was well liked.

Is it comparable to a Warn? Doubtful
But then again your not paying for a Warn either.

I will probably catch alot of flack for this, but I feel this winch may serve the occasional offroader/sportsman just fine.

Carefully read the features on each winch before making a decision on the one you want.

Link

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
117 Posts
Much like yourself, I wasn't very familiar with this brand of winch.

Google provided several comparison reviews against brands such as Smittybuilt and the Ruggedridge was well liked.

Is it comparable to a Warn? Doubtful
But then again your not paying for a Warn either.

I will probably catch alot of flack for this, but I feel this winch may serve the occasional offroader/sportsman just fine.

Carefully red the features before making a decision on which one you want.

Link
Super helpful. Thanks so much! I was just googling myself and looking up some reviews, not a ton out there. Thinking I'm going to hold out to see if the Warn VR10 or smittybilt x20 gets any love on BF. Thanks again!

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
117 Posts
For anyone else looking for a winch, Morris 4x4 has the Warn VR EVOs 10% off and then you can get an additional $50 off with coupon code 50FORYOU.

Now I'm just debating with myself whether to go with steel or synthetic :).

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Good find

Reactions: BKCTX

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
117 Posts
I would assume that.. its more reliable.. its not goanna short-circuit a car.. lol prob have way way more updates and support ..
Cool, that's fair. I'll say that I haven't had any issue with my little bluetooth cheapie though.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm curious about what makes this better than the cheapies like the Veepeak that I have. Is it just more reliable?
They claim to read ABS codes and some other things. I would like to hear from someone that it actually works on Nissan however, because I know a lot of code readers that claim to do ABS/Trans/Keys etc don't work on Nissan for whatever reason.

·
Registered
222 Posts
They claim to read ABS codes and some other things. I would like to hear from someone that it actually works on Nissan however, because I know a lot of code readers that claim to do ABS/Trans/Keys etc don't work on Nissan for whatever reason.
the majority of feedback and reviews on amazon are positive and that includes people who uses on Nissans.. yes there are few that have issue with that too on Nissan.. but then again its just like any other product ... there will be always people who have some or another issue with whatever..

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
the majority of feedback and reviews on amazon are positive and that includes people who uses on Nissans.. yes there are few that have issue with that too on Nissan.. but then again its just like any other product ... there will be always people who have some or another issue with whatever..
I have read countless reviews on different code readers on Amazon lately because I am in the market for a new advanced reader, and the vast majority of people are using these things to read a simple trouble code and clear it - ie the same thing the 8 dollar ones do. I am not saying it doesn't - but until I hear someone say that yes, I can read an Nissan ABS code and clear a Nissan ABS code, I won't believe it - because a lot of the readers our there don't work with our ABS or transmission codes is what I have been led to believe.

I am however looking forward to one of you letting me know :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have read countless reviews on different code readers on Amazon lately because I am in the market for a new advanced reader, and the vast majority of people are using these things to read a simple trouble code and clear it - ie the same thing the 8 dollar ones do. I am not saying it doesn't - but until I hear someone say that yes, I can read an Nissan ABS code and clear a Nissan ABS code, I won't believe it - because a lot of the readers our there don't work with our ABS or transmission codes is what I have been led to believe.

I am however looking forward to one of you letting me know :)
same thing is here I am in the market.. for a good obd2 scanner tool but at the same time I dont want to brake my bank.. which is already cracking up on all sides right now with some spending I been doing lately ahaha :LOL:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Oztent sent me an email with a few tents on sale. Looks like good pricing if your in the market. Black Friday Sale

Also I was browsing Hefty Fabworks and it looks like everything is 10% off - or it was yesterday at least. There is a banner ad with a code on their site.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts