1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
on line
7,141 Posts
link not working

·
Registered
445 Posts
I didn't think any of the rental places allowed you to take their jeeps over black bear pass. Before I got my X, I would rent a jeep and they were very explicit about it.

Do you know where they were when they rolled it? I'm assuming it was likely driver inexperience.

Some people rolled their rental Jeep on black bear and were extremely lucky to walk away.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't think any of the rental places allowed you to take their jeeps over black bear pass. Before I got my X, I would rent a jeep and they were very explicit about it. Do you know where they were when they rolled it? I'm assuming it was likely driver inexperience.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't a rental, and to my knowledge the rental places don't allow you to go over Black Bear.. It looks like they were above the waterfall on the rocky switchbacks, when we were there a couple of weeks ago most of the upper switchbacks were taking 2 to 3 point turns

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I didn't think any of the rental places allowed you to take their jeeps over black bear pass. Before I got my X, I would rent a jeep and they were very explicit about it.

Do you know where they were when they rolled it? I'm assuming it was likely driver inexperience.

In Ouray they do. Actually, CO is one of a few states where you can take a rental car legally on forest service roads. I know that from working for a major rental company for four years while living in CO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I'm pretty sure that wasn't a rental, and to my knowledge the rental places don't allow you to go over Black Bear.. It looks like they were above the waterfall on the rocky switchbacks, when we were there a couple of weeks ago most of the upper switchbacks were taking 2 to 3 point turns
Have you not been to ouray? There are rental places everywhere that rent rubicons.

They can't legally tell you that you can't run black bear. In co you can go to any rental company and rent a 4wd and take it on any fs road you want to. Black bear is a fs rd. In CO insurance will cover you if you wreck you vehicle on fs roads too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Have you not been to ouray? There are rental places everywhere that rent rubicons. They can't legally tell you that you can't run black bear. In co you can go to any rental company and rent a 4wd and take it on any fs road you want to. Black bear is a fs rd. In CO insurance will cover you if you wreck you vehicle on fs roads too. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes I've been to Ouray!! When we were down there 2 weeks ago I didn't happen to see any rental Rubi's in that color, running aftermarket bumpers, winches, or lifted that being said it doesn't mean it wasn't a rental. Not trying to get into a pissing match here man, as for the Ins side of things I've never rented a 4x4 to go wheeling in I take my own.

·
Registered
608 Posts
We are running it tomorrow. May have pictures on Facebook. I don't know how to post from the on here and I refuse to get an app to look at a forum when chrome works just fine.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The jeep was not a rental. It looked completely avoidable. It looked like he tried to climb the uphill side of the trail and rolled. There was shattered side window glass on the right side of the trail. It was just past the stamp mill prior to the 1st switch back. Pictures on Facebook only until I get home.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts