Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(no luck with "Search")

I'm trying to find out what Bilstein part # I need to for the rear of my 2006 Xterra with a Daystar lift. Daystar's installation instructions recommend a shock with 22 in. extended length/13.5 in. compressed length)

Anyone know?

Many thanks in advance.

Terry

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Muzikman. Other than having to use the washers (I'm assuming on either side of the eyelet?), does everything else fit snug?

Terry

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got off the phone with Shane at Bilstein. He suggested looking at the 5125 series. Based on Daystar's recommendation of 22 ext/13.5 collapsed, there are two part #'s that are close.

Part #:BE5-6252-H5 - 8.13" travel - 21.54 ext/13.58 collapsed

Part #: BE5-6253-H5 - 8.6" travel - 22.5 ext/14.06 collapsed

Terry

·
on line
1,114 Posts
I'm currently running the 5125's with AC's Shackles & AAL.

They are most excellent shocks. I don't believe you'll be able to use the stock fasteners though. No big deal.

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
05XOR,

What specifically are you referring to by "fasteners"? Also, what part # are you using?

Thank you

Terry

·
on line
1,831 Posts
bigwilly11189 said:
Is there a conversion kit to get rid of the leafs and put shocks in?? Or do the OR models not come with leafs?
The only conversion kit right now is some brains, balls, and a welder, and yeah, the ORs have the same leafs as the other models.

·
on line
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PRG shocks

Do the Bilstein shocks that PRG has on their website fit properly without the use of washers or any other modifications/additions?

Anyone know what the extended/compressed measurements are?

Thank you

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Re: PRG shocks

2006x said:
Do the Bilstein shocks that PRG has on their website fit properly without the use of washers or any other modifications/additions?

Anyone know what the extended/compressed measurements are?

Thank you
No washers and stuff needed... just give him a call and he'll tell you lengths, valving, everything you ever wanted or didn't want to know about shocks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts