Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friendos

So I purchased some 5100 front and rear shocks from a vendor, oh, back in the end of December. I reached out to them almost 2 weeks ago for an update, since I have not received them yet, and was told that Bilstein was out and everyone was waiting. They said all their distributors were also out of stock.

Well, communication has been a little slow with the vendor and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing with -any- vendors lately? I mean, I have no reason to doubt what the vendor said, but I'm still a paranoid anxious mess so here I am.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Which vendor? We're not scared to call them out around here and I've never really seen an issue with Bilsteins ever taking that long. I'll bet you can get on Amazon right now and find them, in stock.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Cancel your order.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which vendor? We're not scared to call them out around here and I've never really seen an issue with Bilsteins ever taking that long. I'll bet you can get on Amazon right now and find them, in stock.
Vendor is PRG. I've been very hesitant to call out and trying to be understanding because they always seem to be in good standing here and I appreciate vendors that are active in the community. But, starting to lose patience as it's been a month and a half. If this truly is out of their control, I understand. But phone calls in the past have gone to voicemail (tho they did call me with an explanation of the backorder 2 weeks ago) and emails have mostly gone unanswered.

·
TNX Senior Member
482 Posts
PRG has a lot of their orders being fulfilled by another vendor. I think Greg is too busy with his new projects to pick up the phone, respond to emails, and ship orders. I don’t know if bilsteins are on backorder or not, but I would speculate that’s not the issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had this happen to me. I bought mine the week before Christmas and I got them on January 14th after two phone calls and a few emails. He said they were on back order and then the distributor drop shipped them to me. I had to install my own Xterra specific bushings that he sent to me along with my 1/2" front spacers about a week or two later. What size did you buy? I can grab the shock numbers off mine if you wanna order from Amazon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had this happen to me. I bought mine the week before Christmas and I got them on January 14th after two phone calls and a few emails. He said they were on back order and then the distributor drop shipped them to me. I had to install my own Xterra specific bushings that he sent to me along with my 1/2" front spacers about a week or two later. What size did you buy? I can grab the shock numbers off mine if you wanna order from Amazon.

Why did you need specific bushings?

I ordered a semi custom kit. He sold me his 5100 SAAL Mini Lift with camber bolts and rear 5100s. I've received the camber bolts and the SAAL (which looks old and kinda beat up but not sure if that's just how they are normally). But he told me the front and rear Bilsteins would drop ship from the factory. Original order was placed on Dec. 28th and the first half was received about a week later. He finally returned my calls and emails on Jan. 31st and told me about the backorder.

Not sure how confident I am in getting a refund for -just- the shocks if I want to buy them elsewhere since sold them to me as a custom kit.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Why did you need specific bushings?
Some of the longer 5100s aren't application specific, so they need to have bushings swapped out to fit the X. Both PRG and Nisstec do this for the longer rear Bilsteins, but it appears PRG didn't press the bushings in for @daking247365 .

·
Registered
42 Posts
The lower shock mounts on the xterra's are 14.1 mm (don't quote me on that, but I know for a fact it's smaller that the top and I'm doing this from memory) in the bilsteins are set up for a 16 mm eyelet top and bottom (again don't quote me on that being the exact number). When you buy the rear shocks from Greg, he has bushings that he pushes in to the lower mount so that it's smaller than what the factory Bilstein ship with. If they get drop ship to you then they won't be the correct size.

What length shocks did you order?

This might help explain more. This is what happened to me:
[/URL]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some of the longer 5100s aren't application specific, so they need to have bushings swapped out to fit the X. Both PRG and Nisstec do this for the longer rear Bilsteins, but it appears PRG didn't press the bushings in for @daking247365 .
The lower shock mounts on the xterra's are 14.1 mm (don't quote me on that, but I know for a fact it's smaller that the top and I'm doing this from memory) in the bilsteins are set up for a 16 mm eyelet top and bottom (again don't quote me on that being the exact number). When you buy the rear shocks from Greg, he has bushings that he pushes in to the lower mount so that it's smaller than what the factory Bilstein ship with. If they get drop ship to you then they won't be the correct size.

What length shocks did you order?

This might help explain more. This is what happened to me:
[/URL]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Ah, that woulda been nice to know.

I'm not positive what length I ordered and my Paypal receipt from him just says "Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear." I mean, what length options are there?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

Front shocks arrived! Whoo!
But that's it. Still missing the rears. Reached out to PRG to see what's up. Was either a mistake when he placed the order or when the warehouse shipped the order.

Either way, I -need- them by next weekend. So if they aren't confirmed to deliver by then, I'll have to get a refund from him for those and I'll just get them from Amazon or 4WP like it seems I should have just done from the beginning.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had this happen when I purchased some Bilstein's from another Vendor for my Camaro two years ago. Apparently, the Vendor wasn't honest with me and did not post on his website that they were on National back order. I waited 6 months before finally calling it quits and cancelled my order. The CC refunded my money and did not hear back from the Vendor. Long story short, I went with Koni's and the Vendor then closed his business due to $$ issues. Looks to me that Bilstein's are a hot item and continue to always end up in this situation.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
If anyone needs a set of 5125's for a 3" lift I got you. I just upgraded. They have like 200 miles on them just a little weathered from sitting outside. Little too long for my subtle lift

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If anyone needs a set of 5125's for a 3" lift I got you. I just upgraded. They have like 200 miles on them just a little weathered from sitting outside. Little too long for my subtle lift
I'd be on that if I was doing more than a 2" lift anytime soon. Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All is well! Rear shocks arrived tonight from a different warehouse.

Installing the lift next weekend and getting an alignment the following Monday.

Thanks for everyone's input!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, he sent me the 5100 rears with the correct bushings installed from the factory. Part number 24-187152 is factory replacement for Frontiers and Xterras with up to a 2" lift.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts