Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I currently have Bilstein 5100s ( lowest setting) upfront with 2" lift spring from All Dogs Offroad with a 3 pack AAL in the rear. It rides pretty stiff to me, the dampening is less than to be desired over bumps and ruts. Tried airing down my tires to 32 PSI on road with KO2 265/75s E-loads, this seems to be the best.

I heard 6112s can take more of a beating and" smooth " things out better than the 5100s do. Just wondering if that's a accurate assessment of the 6112s due their large tube design?

·
on line
1,350 Posts
Hello all,

I currently have Bilstein 5100s ( lowest setting) upfront with 2" lift spring from All Dogs Offroad with a 3 pack AAL in the rear. It rides pretty stiff to me, the dampening is less than to be desired over bumps and ruts. Tried airing down my tires to 32 PSI on road with KO2 265/75s E-loads, this seems to be the best.

I heard 6112s can take more of a beating and" smooth " things out better than the 5100s do. Just wondering if that's a accurate assessment of the 6112s due their large tube design?
They're really good, but you'll have to go to the top setting to get 1.6 of lift.

·
on line
2,239 Posts
I found the 6112s betting at the big inputs.
The small jittery stuff isn't that different.

Load range E tires are going to kill you for ride quality. No changing shocks will fix that.

The nice part about changing ride height with the 6112 over typical spacers is it keeps more of the original suspension design. Full droop is limited to the same place, so the upper control arms are not bearing against the frame, the CVs are no going over angle, the shocks are not bottoming out internally.

I do like the 6112s. Probably a year and a half old now. They really made the whoops crossing the train tracks enjoyable. I even run them at stock height. The broken pavement, its still broken pavement. Forest service roads are run with a bit more speed now. That is where they really shined for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts