Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here.

I recently purchased my third X with the thought to make it a beach vehicle during the summer. I'm shopping for a small suspension lift to level it out and mount some bigger tires. Currently looking at the Bilstein 6112 and the Rancho quick lift.

I had the Rancho Quick Lift on my last truck (Chevy Z71) and had no problems but I have come across some negative replies on this board.

I'm looking to go with 285/75r16 tires without doing the melt mod.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Cost no object, I would have Bilsteins all the way around my Xterra

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have 6112 and 5100 on the back. I have heard a lot of bad reviews for Rancho. Bilstein seem to be better, cheaper and have a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better warranty.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Bils are rebuildable if you ever need them. And valve changes as well if desired.

Got the 6112s last year. They are nice. I'm at stock height as highway fuel economy matters to me and my off-roading is mild enough that stock height works. The new springs, matched to the dampers. The lift options are simply changing the snap ring and the spring preload. So the travel is still correct. You are not over compressing the the damper and not overextending the control arm into the spring bucket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. Do you guys think it would clear the 285/75r16 with the 6112 set at 1.5"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts