Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should have been in the dumb question thread perhaps :laugh:. Here it goes, can you replace the rear shocks on an 07 2wd Xterra S with the Bilstein 4600 shocks that came on the 4wd version? Everytime I check it says that they do not fit my model. What would be another good option if it's at stock height right now but I would like to lift it a little down the line? I don't want to spend a lot of money since I don't really off road, just want the lifted look with new rear shocks.

·
Registered
942 Posts
The shocks will work, but you won’t get a lift in the rear by just putting shocks on. Bilstein 5100’s on all four corners would be a good option (that’s what I have). The fronts are adjustable up to 2”, but it’s recommended to stay in the 1”-1.5” range. Mine are set at 1” and do a great job with both performance and eliminating some of the rake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, a couple more dumb questions. Can you run the 5100's on stock height? Can you run the 4600's with a small lift?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks guys, a couple more dumb questions. Can you run the 5100's on stock height? Can you run the 4600's with a small lift?
Xterra 4600s and 5100s should be good for about 0-2" of lift. There are other 5100s (actually 5125s) that are longer and can't be used without a lift. Those are not vehicle specific and usually either have new bushings installed or require you to do so before running them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Yes and Yes. Honestly you'd be fine probably with the 4600's. By the time I needed a longer shock after lifting I had to go up to the 5125 series at 3" extended length. 5100's are what you buy if you want a pretty shock to look at IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
General_Tarfun
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing