Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I need new shocks on the front (109k stock ones still). I wanted some lift as well so I decided on the 5100 Bilstein Adjustables. I only plan on setting at the 1 inch mark for the time being. With that being said, will it raise it 1 inch exactly? Also, what other hardware do I need to get before trying to do this, will anything be worn that needs to get replaced or can I just swap the shocks? Do I need cam bolts? And is an alignment necessary for 1 inch? If I do need one, then should I wait or do it immediately?

Or if anyone near Dallas can help out or do it...i could pay :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Depending on how worn the springs are, you might want to look at new springs. The other thing to look at is the strut mount plate for any worn material. If it is worn down then replace as well. I have the 5100's as well. I ended up buying new ome springs to go with them. Just waiting for a good day to do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I did really only want about 1 inch of lift in the front for the time being, hence the adjustable shocks. I plan on doing more later but I cant spend the money right now so I was trying to find a cheaper alternative. I do not plan on offroading besides dirt trails and roads (for now until I get everything I want), kinda why these were appealing to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts