Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do BFG AT's preform in snow, both on snowy roads and on just mounds of piled snow (i.e. my driveway in winter). Would they perform better in snow than the stock BFG Long Trails on the S?

·
on line
358 Posts
BFG A/Ts are great in the snow. I have them on my 4runner. I've had them siped which helps a ton. Snow wheeling last winter I was keeping up with locked vehicles that had big swamper tiers on them. Mine is open/open and did great. They also did great in Moab and anything here in Colorado. They may might not be great in deep mud.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Would they perform better in snow than the stock BFG Long Trails on the S?
Easily yes. I had BFG AT KOs on a 1990 trooper when I lived in VA. No problems in snow, or slush. Not so great in mud as it caked the tread and didn't release as the snow did.

But better than the Long trails? You bet; the tread is deeper.

There are a list of tires better than the BFG Long Trails.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I had them on my 94 4x4 explorer when I lived in upstate new york, we get hellacious snow up there, and for 4 LOOONNNNGGGG winters (they lasted about 6 months there), i never once got stuck in the snow, or was out of control of my truck. At a stop light in 2 wheel drive I could hit the gas and take off with minimal wheel spin, while others slowly got going with there back wheels spinning. They are AWSOME in the snow!

·
on line
111 Posts
Had them on my 2000X and they were way better than the Long Trails

·
on line
2,938 Posts
mattywatty said:
How do BFG AT's preform in snow, both on snowy roads and on just mounds of piled snow (i.e. my driveway in winter). Would they perform better in snow than the stock BFG Long Trails on the S?
I have them on my X. They did great in the NJ slush and snow last year.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i drove to jay peak, vermont and it snowed for 7 days straight. 74 inches of snow fell non-stop. i got stuck only because i parked next to a snow drift and it blew under the X. oh and the tires had 40000 miles on them (used).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts