Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and got my X tinted the other day with 25%, which is the shade I wanted..a little bit lighter than the back...but the color doesn't match that well. It looks like a metallic light greenish color compared to the stock color on the back.

I know the stock isn't really a "tint", just colored glass, but any recommendations on what brand/shade color matches our X's the best? Pics would be awesome if you got em!

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I had mine tinted with 35% 3M window film. You can tell its not exact, but its pretty damn close. If you went with 25% you would probably match. There is a thread on here that has some stuff about a dodad that you can buy and it will tell you what % your factory is. I believe that someone has already posted what the factory % is. Try using search and "tint". here are some pics to give you and idea of 35%.

·
on line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks guys for the pics.. yeah steve/krystal, i saw that post showing the backs at 22%. i just wondered what the best manufacturer was for tint. 35% looks awesome to me...just have to find a 3M dealer in my area!

thankfully, i was able to get my tint taken off and got a full refund after a nice dispute with the shop owner today

thanks a lot for the feedback guys...this site seems much better than xoc!!

·
on line
1,208 Posts
No problem, and you will come to find that the majority of people on here are much more well mannered than on the XOC. I dont even go on the XOC anymore because i can find all my info from here or a couple other pages. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts