Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a docking station from Brian, "the parts pimp", so all I need is the GPS. I found a Nuvi 760 for about $380, however, by the time I ordered they were sold out. I want a 760 because it has bluetooth, but might settle for a 750 due to price. I am hoping this thread will allow new Xers to keep up on sales or great deals on the 750 and 760. So if you see or know of good deals on the 750 or 760 please post.

Thanks

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$369.99 for the 750

$519.99 for the 760

Thanks

·
on line
282 Posts
Best price I've found so far is at Amazon, $458.07 for the 760 right now (it varies from day to day though).

I ordered the 750 once from Amazon but cancelled the order - I'm still not sure if it's worth the extra $90 or so for the 760. I have Bluetooth in the X already, but I like the Bluetooth integrated into the Garmin units better - you can access the phone's address book, call places you've looked up in the GPS, etc.

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel the same as you. I have a limited bluetooth device in the X now, but would love to upgrade when I get the GPS. My budget for the GPS is $400 so I may end up with the 750.

Did you order the docking station?

Thanks for the post.

I wonder if anyone has a connection for a group buy if there was enough interest?

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian is with Cherry Hill Nissan. There is a forum section under "vendors " on this website. Check it out and sign up for a chance to win a free keyless entry from Cherry Hill Nissan.

If you search the "Electrical" or "How To's and Reviews" sections there are instructions with photos. It looked easy to me.

·
on line
282 Posts
I ordered and installed the docking station aka Nissan GPS housing bracket. There's a thread on that subject here http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8061.

It's an easy install.

Now I'm having fantasies of installing a MSN Direct receiver in there too. I wonder if I can get reception if it's mounted in the dash? That gives traffic and gas price information to the GPS. And I'm thinking how I can get the sound output wired up to the AUX sound port on the sound system without running a visible cable. And maybe the external mike too...

·
on line
282 Posts
shane.kelly55 said:
Does anyone know if the 660 will fit the same as the 750? Its cheaper and has the TMC included.
No. 700 series uses a different mount from the 600 series.

That said, you probably could modify the mount to make it work. Take apart the suction cup mount and install that in there instead. Though there may be issues with the flip-up antenna on the 600s.

·
on line
47 Posts
Ok, no worries. Thanks for the reply.

I am hearing nasty things about the MP3 capability of the FM Transmitter in it. Anyone finding the same? I only have the stock stereo so no aux input on the back so i cant run a cable to it.

I hate this stock stereo man.

·
on line
282 Posts
shane.kelly55 said:
I am hearing nasty things about the MP3 capability of the FM Transmitter in it.
I've tried a few different FM transmitters. They all seem to suck. I think it's inherent in the technology, at least if you live in a populated area. I haven't tried one out in the boonies away from radio stations occupying every frequency on the dial.

Supposedly the 700 series Garmins have an auto-tune feature that picks the best (emptiest) frequency. I haven't tried that yet.

·
on line
59 Posts
The FM transmitter in the 760 (and in general for all devices limited by FCC transmit power rules) is so weak that you will get interference with MP3 playback regardless. I use my Aux Input only, but if you don't have one installed, most head units can accept an add-on.

TTx

·
on line
841 Posts
750 for 299 at Sam's club :)

·
on line
432 Posts
Best Buy appears to have the 750 for 374 this week. Not nearly as good but still a sale for those unable to get it elsewhere?

·
on line
623 Posts
RussellB said:
Best Buy appears to have the 750 for 374 this week. Not nearly as good but still a sale for those unable to get it elsewhere?
Best Buy has the 760 for $349.99 (see price in cart):
Garmin 760

also,here's a $50 coupon off of any Garmin GPS unit from BB......not sure if it can be used with sale items, but hey won't hurt to try:

Coupon
________
Washington Dispensaries

1 - 20 of 61 Posts