Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do you guys like to get tires for cheep? I'm interested in some A/T 285/75/16's probably the bridgestone REVO's or the nitto A/T's

Thanks!!

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do maxxis and dick c. make good a/t tires? I just want something a bit meaner for my mall crawler :)

·
on line
259 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
do maxxis and dick c. make good a/t tires? I just want something a bit meaner for my mall crawler :)
I've seen good and bad things about Dick C. I think I'd get them if they were less expensive than BFG's.

Here's a couple of cheap(er) places.

http://tires-easy.com/start.html

http://www.tirepackage.com/ has buy 3 and get 1 free ProComp + free shipping. I don't think anyone can beat that.

·
on line
117 Posts
I suggest getting Discount tire, or similar, to price match.
Get a good deal and acutally deal with a person.
If anything goes wrong you dont have to communicate via email and phone. You can look em in the eye.

·
on line
117 Posts
dragonplayboy said:

My cousin put the Dick Cepek Fun Countrys (the all terrains) on his Z71.
They have been great tires for his daily driving needs, with good ware, and did pretty good in Texas mud/muck.
I am impressed.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true, but what about the cragar wheels? I got spacers, and I'm getting ready to order the soft 8's, looks like ebay is the cheapest from summit, 60 per wheel with shipping. does anyone know anywhere cheaper? also does anyone know if you can run the wheels without that huge ugly chrome thing in the middle? I hope so...

·
on line
1,361 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
true, but what about the cragar wheels? I got spacers, and I'm getting ready to order the soft 8's, looks like ebay is the cheapest from summit, 60 per wheel with shipping. does anyone know anywhere cheaper? also does anyone know if you can run the wheels without that huge ugly chrome thing in the middle? I hope so...
I believe so, I have seen several jeeps do it, you can also just spray it black if you don't like the chrome center cap.

·
on line
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool. good stuff. does anyone know a place with a better price than 60/wheel shipped for the 16x8's?

·
on line
117 Posts
dragonplayboy said:
cool. good stuff. does anyone know a place with a better price than 60/wheel shipped for the 16x8's?
Summit Racing has them for $49.95.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts