Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have to replace my Airraid filter due to the fact the rubber broke. I've been reading up on intakes, and so far everything is pointing me in the direction of the Volant 12740. ( I wish I never purchased the Airraid for price I did! ).

So what seems to be the best place to purchase this? I see Ebay has them for like 255 plus 55 shipping to my place...

Any good vendors??

I'm already running the DT long tubes, Full Exhaust with MagnaFlow 12580, IMS, SuperChips, and the intake, just need a good sealed one for more HP...

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
hey wheler, whats your current location??? ( you still kicking around in albaberta?) if so I know that Canadian tire orders stuff through a company that is called GreatWest auto (located in Saskatoon) that company lists Volant as one of their intake options. might be worst taking a look but remember to have the exact Volant model number with you just in case the person at the parts counter does not know what they are doing

·
on line
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey wheler, whats your current location??? ( you still kicking around in albaberta?) if so I know that Canadian tire orders stuff through a company that is called GreatWest auto (located in Saskatoon) that company lists Volant as one of their intake options. might be worst taking a look but remember to have the exact Volant model number with you just in case the person at the parts counter does not know what they are doing

Well I currently own a house where my wife and daughter live, and I come for visits.... lol.....

I still travel back and forth between FT Mac... Might be moving back soon.

I'm actually looking for the new intake for my drive from NB to AB next month...

Thanks for the heads up.. I'll check them out.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
sometimes they will have a "used" volant on amazon. when my "used" volant arrived it was still in the same box and had never been unwrapped from the plastic... oh and did i mention it was only 130shipped.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Any dyno test results for Volant? All the other CAI manufacturers have the results posted by each individual product but not Volant.

·
on line
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is set to arrive July 30th. I'm taking a 3000 mile road trip starting Aug 5th. So if I can pick up 1-2mpg that will help.

As far as power, I'm sure it will surely be hard to tell without slapping it on a dyno, and with the power mods already done on my X, it most likely won't be noticeable. BUT.... I sure hope their is a power gain!!! lol

·
on line
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well I received my intake today.

Damn brokerage fee was $85.

I had NO issues installing it. Well I guess I did have to drill out one of the mounting holes as it just didn't quite line up with the bolt hole. I mounted the horns on the side of the intake. Maybe I'm crazy but I find I have better throttle response and more pick up throughout the rpm....

I find the intake tube is on a bit of an angle due to the fact I have the IMS which raised the manifold.

Question for anyone that has one though...

Can I clean the filter with K&N cleaning kit? Or should I buy the Volant one?

BEFORE

AFTER

·
on line
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So does anyone know if I can clean the filter with the K&N cleaning & oil kit??
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 13 of 13 Posts