Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with a Hypertech tuner (WOT restriction removed, and regular setting), KN OE replacement air filter and then Dynomax catback exhaust but still not getting that low end hp/torque I'm lookin for. What's the next best thing? The other mods did improve overall the performance of my X but I originally was going for quicker acceleration and improved efficiency. I assume headers is the next logical answer but wanted additional feedback. I haven't done the aftermarket CAI cause the X has factory based CAI and the dyno charts for KN show the improvement over factory at the high end. I don't see any dyno charts for Volant but I figure its more the same. Maybe I should aim more for increase throttle response?

FYI the 4wheelparts sponsored Jeep and Truckfest is here this weekend so any quck responses will help me decide before I go to it tomorrow.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Looking into some of the same things myself. After reviewing dyno charts it seems like long tube headers or an IMS. Both show good low to mid range gains.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Intake manifold spacer, and maybe a WRP pulley too. Don't do a CAI if you want low end. Just keep the stock intake with a high flow filter.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Search on the frontier forums, I purchased the volant based on a private party dyno chart showing good gains at low and mid rpm.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talked to the AFE rep at the 4wheelparts Jeep/Truckfest and their headers are NOT CARB approved for Georgia. Anyone know for sure if DT shorties are CARB approved for Georgia?

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Since the shorties don't delete any of the catalytic converters they should be. But then again I live in the other corner of the country.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
R-gear plain n simple !

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
^depends what gears you want to run. In my case I just wanted those damn 3:13 gears out of the truck. I sourced an M226 with 3:36 gears and an R180 with the same gears and swapped them in. Personally I think it was a pretty noticeable difference.
For the OP, that might be all the difference you need as you are running the 3:13s being that you have an SE. Still not cheap, you're talking about new axles here, but it should be a lot cheaper than trying to get to a point where you could run other gears (would still need new axles etc as I don't think there is any gear support for the C200.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Thanks for the comments, that may be my 2014 mod. I have to replace the tranny seal there is a small leak between the engine and tranny... Dealer quoted me for $1,200 OTD (9 hrs labor, replacing seal, tranny filter, another internal gasket and fluids), going to check with my mechanic.... or any one up for a pretty involving mod day ot two? Hehehehe

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts