Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Best LED Headlights

55K views 132 replies 47 participants last post by  bilo 
#1 ·
Looking to make the jump from hid to LED and was seeing different things. Some people say you need a a regulator or they will flash, and other people say plug and play. Is there a good quality type that just plugs up and works good?

#2 ·
The Nineo LEDs are working great so far for a few months. Got the tips from another member here. They’re bright and have good beam cutoff, plug n play, has tiny fans behind each unit. Tight fit on the housing collar but installs fine. I like them a lot! They really light up areas and street signs on last wheeling trip out on country roads.

#22 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on these. BulbFacts claim the Nineo Gen II's are the best LED on the market for reflector housings. What do you think of the Nineo's so far? My only concern is the fitment of the stock locking collar. Did you have to do any trimming to the locking collar?

#20 ·
How did you get them to fit? I purchased a set of the 9007 Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0's and they won't fit in my 2012's OEM headlights. The locator pins in the headlight assembly don't line up with the slots in the bulb at all. There's a .1" difference in the locations, and they won't fit. Did you have to modify the bulb assembly? I was really hoping to go with a quality LED bulb, but I'm considering just going back to another set of Sylvania ZXEs again.

#9 ·
The 'bulb-out' hyper flash that people get isn't from the LED's themselves, it's from the vehicle trying to alert them that a turn signal bulb is out. The computer is programmed to expect a certain amount of resistance from a halogen bulb and when it doesn't see it (because LED's create little to no resistance) it translates that to a bulb out.

That said the only time this applies is to turn signals, headlights, fogs, dash lights, etc will have no problems on the X with LED's.

#8 ·
I see you've already made a purchase but for anyone else checking this thread out,

I recently bought the BEAMTECH 9007's you listed that are fanless although I'm still working with non English speaking, or typing, customer service on a way to make them fit. It needs a deeper lock nut. So... don't get those~

#10 ·
I've always wondered about using LEDs in winter. Do these types of LED provide enough heat to melt snow/ice from the headlamps?

#14 ·
I've never had a problem with snow or ice. I clear the lights off before driving and it's been fine. I'll get some ice around them but not directly on the lights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#15 ·
For headlights and foglights, I got this brand/style a while back. Work great and haven't had an issue. Got the 6k so that I have a brighter bulb but could still pass inspection with them in.

Since then, they came out with an updated version of it.

#16 ·
I bought 3 sets LED bulb 9007, but no one can be installed due big diameter of rear heat sink.Last 2 sets they stated that can fit, but size of heat sink just about 1/16 bigger.
A plastic ring which hold bulb in housing has inner size 30 mm/ 1 1/8"
Guy could you please point to exact bulb which you install on your car.
Thank you.

#18 ·
Typically the front mounting ring on the LED light comes off. You then put the plastic ring on from the front and then the LED mounting ring. Get on YouTube, you will see plenty of videos of how to do this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#17 · (Edited)
I installed the Katana’s and I was able to get the fan up against the bulb retainer and allowed for the cable to clear the retainer. It’s kind of a PITA but should be able to be done. Taking battery out will help a lot. You will have to press fan tightly against the retainer to seat close as possible to get cable to clear and led to seat parallel to ground. You have to take off the sealing ring first before you slip through the retainer, and then put back on.

Reactions: Mmac24
#24 ·
I bought a set of Hikari H-11 for my fog lights and the are way brighter than OE bulbs
For headlights I bought a set of Akarui 9007 and also very pleased with low beam but high beam sucks...
I've been using them for a few weeks and no one flashed me so far. Despite poor hi beam I would still by them again.
My set of PIAA 580 Driving XTreme White is what I use as hi beam instead

#26 ·
Installed Nineo Gen 2’s, no trimming needed to be done to the the locking collar. Fans are silent. Very impressed with the beam output. Very close to halogen, just brighter. Highly recommend. Only $50 on Amazon, and is BulbFacts number 1 recommended LED for the reflector housings. Just purchased a set for the fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#37 ·
Installed Nineo Gen 2’s, no trimming needed to be done to the the locking collar. Fans are silent. Very impressed with the beam output. Very close to halogen, just brighter. Highly recommend. Only $50 on Amazon, and is BulbFacts number 1 recommended LED for the reflector housings. Just purchased a set for the fogs
Just wanted to echo this. I'm blown away by how amazingly different (better) these are vs stock. I can see much better, and no bad glare or splotchiness.

#29 ·
And that rating isn’t necessarily a 9007 hi/lo bulb that was tested. So kind of a crap shoot. If you look at their chart ratings, GTR is brighter (higher lux), much quieter (they’re very quiet compared to others) and they have a lifetime warranty vs 1yr. Lots more than saying best in reflector. Doubtful it was even a 9007 tested.

#30 · (Edited)
You could say the same for the GTR’s [emoji2371], hard to justify spending $200+ on LEDs anyway. Most LEDs have atleast a 1 year warranty and the Nineo’s fans make no noise. So not sure where you’re going there lol. I’ll take an LED that performs just as well for a fraction of the price all day long. Brighter doesn’t mean better, it’s all about beam pattern and how the light is directed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 ·
I just installed the Hikari 9007 bulbs in my 11’ Pro4X. They were $49 on Amazon, same day shipping.

Easy to install and adjust, no flicker, tested with fog lights on and off. No pissed off drivers, flashing headlights and the visibility has increased 10X!!

Happy with the improvement!

#35 ·
I just bought the Nieno II H11 for the fog lights to go with the 9007’s for the headlights. They both work quite well. My headlight pattern is very similar to above. No problem with the fog lights either, although I only use them in inclement weather and don’t drive around with them on all the time. So I can’t comment on the fog lights blinding oncoming drivers.

I have been playing with the aim of the headlights but left the fog light aim as is.

Old Ag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.