Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
It's the daytime running lights.
Got it, thanks G_T. Used to DRLs as the abbreviation.

My DRLs as mandated by Canadian law, do not work with the aftermarket HIKARI 9007/HB5 LED Headlight bulbs I installed in January 2020. 9,600 lumens

No matter. As a matter policy, I always drive with all 4 corners of lights on. Under the right light conditions, so many automobiles literally disappear on the road.

The Hikari bulbs work well but I am waiting for the Nineo II 110W 20,000 lumen LED bulbs to become available in Canada and to survive a couple of reviews by Xterra owners. Time is on my side.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The lights arrived yesterday and I installed them without much of an issue. The bulb retaining collars don't fit as-is but are really easy to mod. The flat section on the inner collar needs to be removed so I just used a pocket knife to trim those off and then they were good to go.

I'll post some pics tonight but on my first drive last night with them I was surprisingly impressed. The light is clean, not blotchy at all, and the cutoff is somehow right where it's supposed to be and I didn't even need to adjust the headlights. Looking at it from the front there isn't excessive glare and the high beams function as normal. Overall I'm happy with them and the 6k color matches my front lightbar so with the HB's on the lighting is one consistent color which really fills the road up evenly.

I've been really skeptical of LED bulbs in the headlights for a long time but I think these might have finally changed my mind. Only downside was the look on my girlfriends face when I accidentally mentioned how much they ended up costing me haha.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are lifted folks able to aim the NineO’s so you’re not getting flashed by every other car?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I went with beam tech 9007 and love them 100x better then the OPT7 ones I had and the cut off is pretty descent with them. OPT7 was $120 abs cut off sucked and were nearly as clear on road as the beam tech

·
Registered
436 Posts
Are lifted folks able to aim the NineO’s so you’re not getting flashed by every other car?
Yeah man. Just install the bulbs and adjust using the adjusting screw on the back of the light housing.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts