Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
which one did you get? the regular 12000 lumen versions or the newer higher powered ones?
I got the 12,000 lumen ones. I don't know which ones are the newer ones.

Mine came yesterday, so I got them installed. I have to say, they are bright. The beam pattern is almost the same as the halogens, which surprised me. When I got them installed they were aimed a little lower than the halogens, so I did have to adjust them up a little. Once I got that done, I couldn't believe the difference. So far, I'm really impressed.

So here's where I'm at:

Beam pattern is better than expected.

Light dispersion is nearly identical to halogens, only brighter.

Install was super easy. Instructions were not as clear as I'd like, but that didn't matter because install was so easy.

Build quality is great. Everything feels very high quality (Materials, Fit and Finish).

The only con I have is that now I have to get some for my fog lights and off-road lights to make them all match.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got the 12,000 lumen ones. I don't know which ones are the newer ones.

Mine came yesterday, so I got them installed. I have to say, they are bright. The beam pattern is almost the same as the halogens, which surprised me. When I got them installed they were aimed a little lower than the halogens, so I did have to adjust them up a little. Once I got that done, I couldn't believe the difference. So far, I'm really impressed.

So here's where I'm at:

Beam pattern is better than expected.

Light dispersion is nearly identical to halogens, only brighter.

Install was super easy. Instructions were not as clear as I'd like, but that didn't matter because install was so easy.

Build quality is great. Everything feels very high quality (Materials, Fit and Finish).

The only con I have is that now I have to get some for my fog lights and off-road lights to make them all match.

Nice! glad to hear they are good! these and these are the newer ones according to the nineos amazon store. I went with the 16000 lm option, as it seems they have a slightly alimmer base.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have to say that after driving with the Nineo's for a week, I'm impressed. Here in WA, when it rains you can't tell where the lanes are at because, you know, we can't have nice things (like roads). Last night in the rain, I could actually see for the first time in a long time. I hopped in my wifes civic the other day and couldn't see at all. I need these for her car now, too. The difference is so big that my neighbor bought some for his car, too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have to say that after driving with the Nineo's for a week, I'm impressed. Here in WA, when it rains you can't tell where the lanes are at because, you know, we can't have nice things (like roads). Last night in the rain, I could actually see for the first time in a long time. I hopped in my wifes civic the other day and couldn't see at all. I need these for her car now, too. The difference is so big that my neighbor bought some for his car, too.
NICE! thanks for the follow up! can't wait for mine to arrive. if they are even a little bit brighter than the regular ones, they'll be magical :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
Did you ever change out your fogs?
I haven't done the fogs yet. My fog lights aren't in the best of shape, so I want to replace the housings first. That'll come after Christmas.

I also plan on doing like HanCholo with a 22" spot/flood light bar in the bumper. The ultimate plan is to have a couple light bars up top also, one pointing backwards and a couple small ones on each side for 360 degree lighting.

·
Registered
2007 X 6MT, 2013 P4X 6MT
214 Posts
Ended up going with these for the hi/low, but I managed to find a fog light stalk switch at the U-pull, so now I want to add some LED fog lights to the OEM bumpers. I gather everything is already in place wiring-wise, I just need the LED light & housing. And maybe mounting brackets? I assume there is a LED light assembly that fits the OEM housing?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
HEADLIGHTS? I'd rather stay HID w/ projector for headlights. LEDs for everything else.
Why? LEDs are a superior technology. They draw less amps, last longer, and are cheaper. Most OEMs have gone to LEDs as headlights over HID projectors across their vehicle lineups. There are a few holdouts but HID lighting is going the way of the dodo bird.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes LEDs are superior. I know they're supposed to last longer which they do (the LED BULB ITSELF) It just seems that there are to many problems with the QC departments of many LED kits in general. I've ran into so many malfunctioning LEDs in my life that I feel like they don't have enough experience to produce an abundance of quality products yet. Plus I like the fact that HIDs emit IR light. This is just my preference. I'm sure there are quality LED headlight kits out there.(other than some OEM spec ones)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just got my Nineo f3 "pickup preferred" 16000lm 45watt led kit installed in my headlights. also installed the "small" Nineo h11 bulbs in foglights. Here are my impressions:

F3 bulbs:
1) These are BRIGHT! these are in fact so bright, I have no doubt the manufacturers claims of them being 500% brighter than stock halogen lights are accurate.
2) Installed correctly, the beam pattern was identical to the stock halogens (along with the artifacts and glares, just much brighter)
3) Our headlights suck. the beam pattern is just atrocious.
4) Had to trim the retaining rings, so that the cables would move freely. Looking back, I might have gotten away without trimming, but decided to be safe.
5) quality of the bulbs themselves seem very high. everything including the drivers, the square thingy, plugs and wiring is top notch.
6) just because the stock reflectors suck so much I think it would be better if the low beam leds had some king of shielding to form a better cut-off line. something along the lines of this hikari model. it's not the bulbs fault, but still.

Nineo small h11 bulbs:
1) these are also very high quality
2) much brighter than the halogens
3) identical beam pattern
4) installs without any modification. take the old ones out and put these in. no clearance/fitment issues whatsoever.
5) I need to be able to turn them on and off irrespective of the low/high beams. how do I do that?
6) There are other variations in sizes from the manufacturer for h11 leds, everything starting from the low lumen count passively cooled fog light specific bulbs, ending with the 20000 lumen monsters. I imagine every single one of them would fit in footlights, but you might want to be mindful what kind of use your vehicle gets. If you frequent local muddy ponds, the passively cooled variants might be a better option for fog light application.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's some before-after video of old halogens vs the nineos. Mind you, it was taken with my phone with auto settings (exposure, white ballance and all that good stuff) bit at least the beam patterns are discerneable.

old hallogens:

Nineo F3 Leds (with bonis fog leds):

the left fog light housing is croocked, giving a weird pattern.

All in all, it looks much better to me. You can tell that driving around you can actually see the road. highly recommended

·
Registered
579 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the 9007/9004: GTR Ultra Series 2.0 (Hi/Lo) from theretrofitsource this morning. Definitely not cheap at $280 shipped but I'll post a review once I get them installed.
I’m very curious to see your review. Will that be before or after you mod them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the 9007/9004: GTR Ultra Series 2.0 (Hi/Lo) from theretrofitsource this morning. Definitely not cheap at $280 shipped but I'll post a review once I get them installed.
Hopefully you won’t have to grind the locking collars to clear the heat sinks. ;-)

Side note - something to watch for if this matches your use case. I’ve DTR (CA spec X) & noticed with my GTR’s that they are alternating every 6-8 sec - left to right- from DTR mode to on low beam mode. If I turn on my lights everything works fine.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Hopefully you won’t have to grind the locking collars to clear the heat sinks. ;-)

Side note - something to watch for if this matches your use case. I’ve DTR (CA spec X) & noticed with my GTR’s that they are alternating every 6-8 sec - left to right- from DTR mode to on low beam mode. If I turn on my lights everything works fine.

Hopefully not but I have a few spare collars if that ends up being the case. That's weird with the flicker, I built a relay harness a while ago that powers my headlights so my setup is a bit different but have you put a meter on it to see what's going on with the power supply?

·
Registered
877 Posts
But if you do, that is an easy modification.

Side note - something to watch for if this matches your use case. I’ve DTR (CA spec X) & noticed with my GTR’s that they are alternating every 6-8 sec - left to right- from DTR mode to on low beam mode. If I turn on my lights everything works fine. ...
DTR (CA spec X) ?

Please translate for us clueless outsiders.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts