Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well maybe this question is too generalized and im guessing most will say the color they own, but in general whats a good color for the X? try to pick a color that isnt yours....

my thought would be silver because even if you get a little dirty it wont show too much, i have a silver car now and it holds up pretty nice as far as looking clean... having never really had a 4x4 or truck that i take off road im not sure how a 'really' dirty car would look... hope this makes sense... im really just trying to decide between silver or one of the black shades... :)

·
on line
1,479 Posts
I personaly like the canteen... but not as much as the Yellow

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I had a silver or pewter mustang, and it took a lot of road grime before it started to look dirty. The tging with having a 4x4 is sometimes you want it to look dirty, look like it isn't just a mall crawler. I never thought I would like white on any car/truck. Then I got my white X and I love it. It looks awesome when it is all clean and waxed, and looks awesome when you go through a bit of mud!!!
just my 2 cents!! :drink:

·
on line
1,361 Posts
When I was looking, I wanted a Night Armor one. I thought they looked sweet. I ended up getting a Granite one cause there were not any MT night armors in my area and I am like the color.

·
on line
335 Posts
x2 on the night armor. looks almost as nice as black does clean...without the always getting dirty part that black has.(BTW i have the black)

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bueller44 said:
I had a silver or pewter mustang, and it took a lot of road grime before it started to look dirty. The tging with having a 4x4 is sometimes you want it to look dirty, look like it isn't just a mall crawler. I never thought I would like white on any car/truck. Then I got my white X and I love it. It looks awesome when it is all clean and waxed, and looks awesome when you go through a bit of mud!!!
just my 2 cents!! :drink:

yea that was my thought, i want kind of a neutral color that will show both dirt and clean well since i dont have a 'must have' color.... silver is probably the most neutral for this... black might get the ladies lookin :cyclopsani:

·
on line
384 Posts
Mine is Granite, which is the ultimate color for hiding dirt. But Super Black looks awesome if it's clean or EXTREMELY dirty. Does not look so good if it has gotten dirty from everyday driving.

·
on line
641 Posts
I have Silver and I like it. My first choice was going to be Solar Yellow, because I go "off road" for hiking(not for 'rock crawling'), and a Yellow vehicle out by itself on a wilderness road would, I think, be the easiest to spot if you ever needed help from Search & Rescue.

·
on line
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dpatton said:
I have Silver and I like it. My first choice was going to be Solar Yellow, because I go "off road" for hiking(not for 'rock crawling'), and a Yellow vehicle out by itself on a wilderness road would, I think, be the easiest to spot if you ever needed help from Search & Rescue.
thats an interesting point and kind makes sense given the number of yellow vehicles owned by outdoor enthusiasts

·
on line
135 Posts
I'll be placing an order for a 07 MT OR in a month or so and am torn over the color. I love the black, but I'm leaning toward the midnight blue. I have a midnight Maximia and I love the color. Plus, you don't see many midnight blue Xs out there. Next favorite is the Granite, although it's been disco'd in favor of Sand Stone for 07.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Super Black. No question about it 'cause I got one. :cheers:

·
on line
279 Posts
Granite hides dirt pretty well. After owning black vehicles, I got tired of them being clean for 2 hours. They do look sweet after a wash and wax though.

·
on line
559 Posts
I have a silver and it does hide dirt nicely. My favorite is the Canteen though. Second would be Night Armor.

·
on line
21 Posts
Does anybody have a good pic of the Night armor x, online it just looks black?

Edit: Found a nice pic on page 19 of post your x, that is a nice color

·
on line
42 Posts
OperatorX said:
I'll be placing an order for a 07 MT OR in a month or so and am torn over the color. I love the black, but I'm leaning toward the midnight blue. I have a midnight Maximia and I love the color. Plus, you don't see many midnight blue Xs out there. Next favorite is the Granite, although it's been disco'd in favor of Sand Stone for 07.
I also prefer a manual transmission for off roading, but unless you are going to run your X into the ground over many, many years... and then sell for scrap/parts, a manual transmission will appeal to so few puchasers as to make your vehicle unsellable but to a fractional one percent.

If you understand this going in, happy motoring.

·
on line
168 Posts
I got the silver because of heat. Weather here in Texas is usually hot. A dark vehicle will get hotter. I was pretty much limited to white or silver. People here will go for the tree shaded parking spots. The ones that park under trees are readily identifiable by copious amounts of bird crap all over their cars. Again, white or silver doesn't show the bird bombs as well as the darker ones.

·
on line
559 Posts
The problem with the bird droppings is if left for awhile, they will etch the paint. In that case, the lighter colors hide that better than the darker ones.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts