Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried searching a bit but couldnt find anything recent.

Im looking into replacing my battery and was wondering what everyone is buying for their X lately.

I have added a roof LED Light bar, plan to add some LED spot lights. I also have a nav headunit and amp/sub hooked up. Id like to be able to run the radio for a little while without worrying about my car starting.

are the Diehards still the brand to get? I read Optima dropped in quality a couple years back, are they still down or have they gotten better?

thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I've bought Duralast since my original battery died two years in, first a regular one then a Gold version but since they've raised the prices about 30 dollars from the last one I bought to about 130 bucks I researched and found a Duracell at Sams Club for 89 so that will be my next one. The link is:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/durace...-group-size-24f/prod3590223.ip?navAction=push

I had a horrible time with the Optimas, I had three in a row go bad even with the warranty free replacement it wasn't worth the time spent replacing them especially when theres no benefit to using one so I ditched the brand. Another downside to the Optima is if it goes dead once the battery will be shot and never hold a charge again.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
My Optima Yellowtop is about 2.5 years old and going strong. Not even a blip during the current cold spell. The QC for the Optima got a pretty good revamping around the time I bought mine, so I may be lucky with an older one, or got one that passed the newer standard at the factory, who knows.

I have had some success with the cheapo brand from Walmart in the past also, I use one of their marine batts for my jonboat electric motor.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you want a battery to help with all of the electronics you already have; Go for an AGM battery. The optima yellow top is an example of a commonly used AGM battery, but there are many many other options. Look for which AGM has the best deal going on at the time. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
8 Posts
I put a Sears AGM in the 2007 Xterra a little over three years ago. This is it's third winter and each winter it's been -30 for several weeks. The rest of the wintertime is more reasonable and only gets down to -20 or so. :)

No problems running various items in and out of the vehicle and it still turns over as fast as it did the first day I put it in. The cost was about $50 more but I think that it was worth getting the AGM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts