Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are way too many Black 05+ Xs in my area. Im the only OR model ive seen, and definitely the only manual OR, but still, need to mod my baby to make it unique.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Just remember, at some point or another, we were all stock and drooling over the modified trucks. once ya start adding things, the grin only gets bigger and bigger.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I learned many years ago !!

---------MAN, YOU GOTTA HAVE CLASS---------------

-- :geek: :geek: JIMBO

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Besides a stereo system I have resisted the mod bug. Then again it is do to cash flow right now.

·
on line
379 Posts
It has been a long time since I owned a stock vehicle and it is hard. My x is stock and I am fighting the mod bug big time. Everyday i browse around on the shrockwoks site and am tempted to load up that shopping cart and advance to checkout.

·
on line
704 Posts
Actually, I love being stock. A sleeper is nice to have. I have some desert pinstripes and scraped skids that distinguish me without screaming :)

·
on line
279 Posts
I'm with vman. From the outside, all that's visible is that it's 2" higher (and you really have to look for that) and has sliders. Anybody not really paying attention will see it as stock. I like the 'capable sleeper' myself.

Underneath are full Shrock skids and inside are Weathertech mats and neoprene seat covers. But it's all functional stuff and not eye candy or ego boosters. I like it that way. :cheers:

·
on line
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guit Fiddle said:
I'm with vman. From the outside, all that's visible is that it's 2" higher (and you really have to look for that) and has sliders. Anybody not really paying attention will see it as stock. I like the 'capable sleeper' myself.

Underneath are full Shrock skids and inside are Weathertech mats and neoprene seat covers. But it's all functional stuff and not eye candy or ego boosters. I like it that way. :cheers:
thats what i mean though, your x is different than all the others out there. its got on it something that makes it unique. i have the same x as all the others right now. im not going to SAS my x, im doing subtle modifications to it that are meant to improve not only the aesthetics but also the functionality (?) of it.

·
on line
612 Posts
take 30 bucks and do the LOBO then you're not stock. Come on man there's plenty of cheap stuff you can do to help the functionality.

·
on line
112 Posts
The only mod I've been good for is to get x-specific clamps to mount my thule ski carrier. It was the carrier I actually had to modify . . . had to drill four new mounting holes 3/4" toward the middle to accomodate the narrow roof rails.

But the stock X sure does a good job getting my skis to the mountains! (and me, too, I suppose)

·
on line
853 Posts
There is nothing wrong with being stock, and you would be surprised as to what you can do with a stock Xterra.

OK, it's not quite stock in this photo, I've added WeatherTech in-channel vent shades. But, everything that mattered was stock.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts