Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all bought my 05 a few months back and loving it more than I thought I would. The mods are coming slow but things are progressing. Thanks for all of the info so far and I hope to provide some as I go along.

Eric in Denver

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
631 Posts
oooo aaaaaah

WELCOME!

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Welcome to the best site on the web. Hey how do you like your maxxis tires?

·
on line
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all for the welcome. For the price and the quality the Maxxis tires have done really well. I have roughly 7K on them so far. Road noise isn't too bad and decided to stick with the stock OR size so mileage hasn't been too far off. A bit skiddish on black ice but manageable. (Revos were better). Along the same lines they do really well in powder or packed snow.

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Lootz said:
A bit skiddish on black ice but manageable.
I lived in upstate New York for 4 years while stationed at Ft. Drum, pretty much anything, unless studded, is skiddish on black ice. I once saw a jeep TJ who was only doing about 45-50 on the highway hit a patch of black ice, the jeeps backend came out from underneath him, then the tires bit when they regained traction on the passenger side of the Jeep and fliped him. His jeep rolled twice and ended upside down in the median! He was running BFG AT's. lucky for him, he was wearing his seatbelt. Black ice is pretty nasty stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts