Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about putting bed liner on my stock five spoke rims. I want them black, but I don't want them to scratch the first time I go out wheeling. What I don't know is how much texture I want on them. Dose anyone have any pics of xterra rims with bed liner on them. I'm looking for different textures.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I don't have pics readily available (on my phone and can't find the dang cord) but I have my stock rims bedlined as do many people. After every trip I and alot of other people get a few knicks here and there. All you need to do really is spot touch them up, you wont notice after a day at all.

·
on line
14,613 Posts
So I'm thinking about putting bed liner on my stock five spoke rims. I want them black, but I don't want them to scratch the first time I go out wheeling. What I don't know is how much texture I want on them. Dose anyone have any pics of xterra rims with bed liner on them. I'm looking for different textures.
I dub thee princessssssss!!!!! :):)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
While on the subject of bedliner.....shouldnt the stuff be crazy tough?...it is by deffinition...." bed liner"....so it should hold up in the bed of a truck, and the loads u put in ur truck. Wether it be lumber, sheetrock, compound, cement....furniture...appliances...and so on??
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. I think I left out a sentence in my post. I don't want them to scratch after the first time wheeling, that's why I want bed liner and not just black paint.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
It is crazy tough, but I think something abt it being applied to the smooth metal rims and then ragged rocks cut into causes it to scuff. Or that's what I noticed, I mean even taking my wheels off for maintenance stuff I chip a little off with the socket. The nice thing is a can is only like $9 and I keep one in the wet box for touch ups.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
448 Posts
I sanded the crap out of my rims before I used bedliner on them. I will see how well they hold up after this Saturday when I visit the local offroad park.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts