Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this been done? When I drive tight trails I'd like the benefit of bedliner on the parts of the truck that stick out. Does it look like crap? Has anyone figured out how to tape off so that it looks really clean?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Its definitely has been done. I cant recall specifically what members on here but Im sure someone who does will chime in. You'll probably get mixed comments on how it looks, since thats a matter of opinion. I personally think it looks ok on darker colors and not that good on light colors. But its definitely functional so by all means do it if you like the look vs. pin stripes.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I did Herculiner on the bottom rocker panels. Pretty easy, and covers most of the daily grime and rock chips. I could have done more, but I like how it looks now. See my garage or pics.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,229 Posts
ChrisHaynesUSA has put, I think, Rhinoliner on his fender flares.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Did you remove your rub rails or did yours come without and just have the indentions? I have been thinking about removing mine because they are badly faded. I like the bedliner and the indentions look nice.
If you're referring to the plastic door guards, then yes. I believe all Pro-4x's came with them standard. Aside from a ton of double sided tape holding them on, you'll also have 2 mounting holes per side that will need to be covered up prior to coating. I took some pics of that the holes look like, which I can upload here if you wanna see em.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I hadn't seen TravZilla's take on it... i like that line! It flows very well with the bumpers/corners.
When you go up over the entire fender, it looks pretty extreme.

Although... the majority of my scratches are on the upper portion of the fender bulges.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you're referring to the plastic door guards, then yes. I believe all Pro-4x's came with them standard. Aside from a ton of double sided tape holding them on, you'll also have 2 mounting holes per side that will need to be covered up prior to coating. I took some pics of that the holes look like, which I can upload here if you wanna see em.

Yes I would like to see them, how did you cover them?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Mine did not have the mounting holes, but mine is an '08 and did not originally have the door bump guards

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for sharing Trav, I like that. I'd considered going with a heavy roll on bedliner as opposed to the rattle can type I used on my wheels, but now the shop option is looking better.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Mine did not have the mounting holes, but mine is an '08 and did not originally have the door bump guards
Correct. Models that didn't come with them from the factory did not have the mounting holes. I believe there are 2 different versions of the door guards with different part numbers. Those with the mounting posts and those without.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
@TravZilla how much and what shop? Any other prep you had to do before taking it in? Looks great!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts