Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Bedlined Foglight bezel, PICS.

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  XterraPA 
#1 ·
My bedlined doorhandles turned out great, and have held up perfectly, so I decided to do my foglight bezels today. The lower plastic bumper will be next.

Pop them out, and sand them down.

Paint, install:

If any of you want to use this stuff (Duplicolor spray on truck bed coating) you can either hold the can close to the work and get a thick rubbery coating, or hold it far away and get this sandpaper-like texture that I like. When I did my handles, I did MANY light coats, it turned out great, but took forever, this time around I did 1 thick coat to give me the toughness, then 2 light coats to give me the texture.

And before anyone asks if it will hold up to the heat of the lights, we will just have to wait and see.

See less See more
#3 ·
The grill and lower plastic bumper and emblems.

#5 ·
mcampana said:
How about your tail gait handle? Side mirrors?! ( i want to do mine) How about your own "bug shield? Tape off and sand the front 4 inches of your hood and bedline that. No chipped paint there from the road!
Bed Line the whole damn truck!

I am going to do all the handles and side view mirrors when it gets warmer. Maybe even the whole front bumper, because it doesn't look like I am going to be able to afford the Shrock front bumper anytime soon.

#6 ·
mcampana said:
How about your tail gait handle? Side mirrors?! ( i want to do mine) How about your own "bug shield? Tape off and sand the front 4 inches of your hood and bedline that. No chipped paint there from the road!
I was going to do the tailgate handle and trim piece, but the problem is that the tailgate cap covers the top of the trim, so I would have to take that off, I'd probably end up doing that too... then I would need to do the bedrail caps... and on and on and on... I'll do it eventually, but not right now.

I will be doing my side mirrors, just haven't gotten around to it yet, and I already have a real bugshieid.

#8 ·
Oz said:
Now it looks like a speaker
Yea, its really my stealth sub install. lol

#12 ·
matrix12480 said:
looks good steve. how about a pic of the whole front end? hey you get those HIDs mounted yet?
I ordered this lightbar, I am just waiting for it to come in.
http://store.whiterhinofab.com/nflb.htm

This isn't my truck... just the lightbar I ordered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.