Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bedlined doorhandles turned out great, and have held up perfectly, so I decided to do my foglight bezels today. The lower plastic bumper will be next.

Pop them out, and sand them down.

Paint, install:

If any of you want to use this stuff (Duplicolor spray on truck bed coating) you can either hold the can close to the work and get a thick rubbery coating, or hold it far away and get this sandpaper-like texture that I like. When I did my handles, I did MANY light coats, it turned out great, but took forever, this time around I did 1 thick coat to give me the toughness, then 2 light coats to give me the texture.

And before anyone asks if it will hold up to the heat of the lights, we will just have to wait and see.

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The grill and lower plastic bumper and emblems.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
mcampana said:
How about your tail gait handle? Side mirrors?! ( i want to do mine) How about your own "bug shield? Tape off and sand the front 4 inches of your hood and bedline that. No chipped paint there from the road!
Bed Line the whole damn truck!

I am going to do all the handles and side view mirrors when it gets warmer. Maybe even the whole front bumper, because it doesn't look like I am going to be able to afford the Shrock front bumper anytime soon.

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mcampana said:
How about your tail gait handle? Side mirrors?! ( i want to do mine) How about your own "bug shield? Tape off and sand the front 4 inches of your hood and bedline that. No chipped paint there from the road!
I was going to do the tailgate handle and trim piece, but the problem is that the tailgate cap covers the top of the trim, so I would have to take that off, I'd probably end up doing that too... then I would need to do the bedrail caps... and on and on and on... I'll do it eventually, but not right now.

I will be doing my side mirrors, just haven't gotten around to it yet, and I already have a real bugshieid.

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oz said:
Now it looks like a speaker
Yea, its really my stealth sub install. lol

·
on line
1,667 Posts
looks good steve. how about a pic of the whole front end? hey you get those HIDs mounted yet?

·
on line
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
matrix12480 said:
looks good steve. how about a pic of the whole front end? hey you get those HIDs mounted yet?
I ordered this lightbar, I am just waiting for it to come in.
http://store.whiterhinofab.com/nflb.htm

This isn't my truck... just the lightbar I ordered.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Whats the matter with you guys ???

--It's gotta belong to that little guy !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts