Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Bed lining Front Pillars?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Brunnie 
#1 ·
I recently bought an 07 White Xterra with the dreaded paint peeling on the pillars and the rain gutters. That type of stuff doesn’t bother me, and I was able to touch it up fairly well.
BUT...
After spending some time on the forum I noticed the bedlining addiction shared by many XTerra owners. I’m now considering bedlining my whole roof and the front pillars to cover my temporary paint job and give the X a new look.

Has anyone bedlined the front pillars specifically? I’ve seen people do the roof but not the pillars. Also what is the best product to use for this?

#5 ·
Following for the impending pics... Would love to see how just bedlining those few areas looks

#6 ·
Im considering doing the same thing. got paint( avalanche white) peeling / flaking around the windows.

probably next year ill do a bed liner type DIY paint job on the whole truck, sans fenders. thinking a light grey, not sure i want to do white, though it would be nice to keep it the same color..

I gotta do something about it to prevent rust and just to make it look better, but a decent paint job is way more than i want to spend hence the diy approach.

since i dont have a air/ spray set up, Im actually considering using like a roller or something to apply it.

#7 ·
since i dont have a air/ spray set up, Im actually considering using like a roller or something to apply it.
Negative.

Go to a rental site and get a 20 gallon air compressor .

You can buy a bed liner spray gun from TCP Global for $22.00
While on the website you can buy some Raptor Liner.

#9 ·
It was mostly dry yesterday and found a little duplicolor truckbed coating left in the garage. Work time was about 45 mins per side.

This is how it went:
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Windshield Automotive window part Machine

The problem:
Office equipment Composite material

I masked around the rack instead of taking it off:
Product Yellow Textile Khaki Tan

There is one area that the channel comes really close to the plastic; here is how I opted to handle that:
Leather Silver Satin Silk

I approached this more as an experiment but I think it should make a good insurance policy against more paint flaking off. Hope this info helps OP and others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.