Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cloud White Xterra S
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 07 White Xterra with the dreaded paint peeling on the pillars and the rain gutters. That type of stuff doesn’t bother me, and I was able to touch it up fairly well.
BUT...
After spending some time on the forum I noticed the bedlining addiction shared by many XTerra owners. I’m now considering bedlining my whole roof and the front pillars to cover my temporary paint job and give the X a new look.

Has anyone bedlined the front pillars specifically? I’ve seen people do the roof but not the pillars. Also what is the best product to use for this?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like the Duplicolor bedliner but its not glossy at all and has a more rubbery texture. Might not be a good option if that doesn't match the aesthetic you want.

If price is of no concern I think raptor liner could be cool.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I saw the gutters in mine is also starting to go here and there. Didn't have much of a plan for it till today. Think I will sand those down and do some liner to at least stop the spread. Thanks for the inspiration.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Im considering doing the same thing. got paint( avalanche white) peeling / flaking around the windows.

probably next year ill do a bed liner type DIY paint job on the whole truck, sans fenders. thinking a light grey, not sure i want to do white, though it would be nice to keep it the same color..

I gotta do something about it to prevent rust and just to make it look better, but a decent paint job is way more than i want to spend hence the diy approach.

since i dont have a air/ spray set up, Im actually considering using like a roller or something to apply it.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
since i dont have a air/ spray set up, Im actually considering using like a roller or something to apply it.
Negative.

Go to a rental site and get a 20 gallon air compressor .

You can buy a bed liner spray gun from TCP Global for $22.00
While on the website you can buy some Raptor Liner.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
356 Posts
Hmmmm very interested how that gonna turn out ))

·
Registered
154 Posts
It was mostly dry yesterday and found a little duplicolor truckbed coating left in the garage. Work time was about 45 mins per side.

This is how it went:
2.jpg

The problem:
1.5.jpg

I masked around the rack instead of taking it off:
1.jpg

There is one area that the channel comes really close to the plastic; here is how I opted to handle that:
3.jpg

I approached this more as an experiment but I think it should make a good insurance policy against more paint flaking off. Hope this info helps OP and others.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We had a lot of snow and ice which is rare for us.

Truckbed coating wants pretty rough sanding, like 100, 320 or whatever the instructions say. I forgot to mention in this kind of detail in the other post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts