Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have been wanting to do this for a very long time and finally decided to give it a go ahead.

I used RustOleum bed liner from an aerosol can. So far, I have completed the front half of the truck, from the front doors up. I plan on doing 4 coats, and I am currently on my third.

I didn't take photos everything, but I will share what I currently have.

Here is the prepping stage. I had dents I needed to bondo and rock chips I needed to sand down and prime, because they were starting to rust.

Here is a big dent from a baseball bat that I had to fill in.

Some punk kids shot my passenger door with a BB gun. Well, at least that what I thought this was from.

Here is the X with one coat of bed liner. I have sprayed it a total of three times from the front door up. I ran out of cans. I'll finish the rear once I get the front done.

Here it is with three coats. Picture looks like ****. The bumpers were sprayed last year and are dirty right now. You can see dirt on it.

I finally did it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not entirely concerned about it looking 100% pretty. As long as it looks flat black and not an eye sore, I am happy.

Im just sick of being concerned on the trail about scratches from tree branches. Now I can barrel right through that crap....with my eyes closed.

Reactions: Houndsong

·
Registered
117 Posts
if you are looking for a nice diy liner look up monsta liner. i have a kit waiting to go on the samurai. after months of debating what to go with i picked this stuff because its tough as nails and UV permanent. guaranteed not to fade which is HUGE.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope you don't care about resale value.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Resale? Is that a joke? This truck is going down in a blaze of glory when its time to go.

The second I put a aftermarket bolt on this truck, that thought of resale went out the window.

Im waiting for the diesel titans and frontiers.....

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And speaking of suggestions....does anyone have experience with raptor bed liner?

I can always respray the front. It only cost me like $45 in rust oleum liner.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
And speaking of suggestions....does anyone have experience with raptor bed liner?

I can always respray the front. It only cost me like $45 in rust oleum liner.
that stuff is great! that's what I used to bedline my roof and rocker panels. the nice thing is it comes with everything you need. including a spray gun. check out my build thread for pics.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is one more pic. Only half of the truck is done but it is kind hard to tell because the different shades of black are pretty similar actually.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts