Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.beaverun.com/

IMPORTANT- If you are interested in coming out , please send me a email of your intent.
c . huff @ beaverun . com (remove spaces)

Hello,

This season, BeaveRun will offer several Dirt days and a few special Dirt weekends.

March 15-16 is our lead off weekend for the 2008 season. The details are being worked out at this time-but, will be finalized by the end of the week.

This will not be any one maker event. There will be a variety of vehicles from Jeep, Suzuki, LandRover and of course Toyota. All vehicle types and makes are welcome!

For those of you not familiar with BeaveRun:

BeaveRun is a full service Motor Sports Facility. We offer a 1.6 mile road course, a dedicated and world class Karting Circuit and Pro Shop, & Six acre Vehicle Dynamics Area (VDA). In short, we do everything with 2 and 4 wheels. With the only exception being a drag racing down the strip. Everything else is conveniently located on the property.

The Dirt side of things is being offered to the general public this season on a more scheduled basis. Formerly, the off-road grounds were used for Govt. training and Private test 'n tune / practice for maker events.

This year, we will be offering the off-road grounds for clubs and teams wanting to get a little dirt on their tires and help educate the off-road community on proper technique, gear preparation and service.

Facility: BeaveRun Motorsports Complex & BeaveRun Motorsports Complex

At the time, we are working with a few vendors about coming out and there should be a few tech sessions going on at designated times. (If you are interested in vendor opportunity's, send a PM) Trail rides will be at 3 or 4 hour intervals over the weekend. So, plenty of time to explore the course and challenge areas.

Thoughts & Comments are most welcome!

Questions, post away! If you are interested in coming out, please RSVP via PM or email! (email above in red)

Trail rides & Dirt days PM me!
Bring your Off-Road Club out to see us!
BeaveRun Motorsports Complex

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I really want to be there to support Beaver Run and to lend a hand to the HRJA folks who will be doing the trail guiding...but man, I'll be drunk off my ass before you guys even hit the trails....It's St Patrick's day!!!!!!

So I'll raise a pint of Guinness for you folks out on the trail...

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the morning? Man...........Since college, i havent drank like that but maybe once. It was a wedding, and i ended up taking a piss at a country club right on the patio. What made it ok was that the father of the bride and groom saw me and both decided that was a good idea as well. So no one threw me out.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, the parade starts at 10am, drinking starts about 8am. You get down there about 7am, drink, watch the parade, drink until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon, then move some place else since the crowds are too crazy and you get sick of them. Then drink some more until about 2am.

·
on line
186 Posts
Damn, i'll be in Killington. I'll make an event this year sometime...

·
on line
2,125 Posts
more like on the slopes lol... i will be in vail CO snowboarding... too bad this isnt the next weekend. i would be able to make it then... but not march 15, 16

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Mark, you have to remember it's hard for me to meet other people's dates, but I can meet my own. I have wheeled the last two weekends. :)

I did however really want to get to Beaver Run. I wanted to not only show my support so they have more runs, but also to lend a hand to the HRJA folks. They are a great group (for a Jeep club).

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, email the guy who is running it and let him know that you intended on comming, im sure it will help him to know you wanted to but just couldnt and that the westpa club would like to give it a run. Something like that.

c . huff @ beaverun . com (remove spaces)

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it was a really cool place to wheel. Im sure ill have my pictures in a day or two. They are going to start making it a monthly event. So i know ill be going back.

And Jason, its not just dirt roads dude. The first trail we went on started out going straight up some big ole rocks in a stream. Really tight spots, and i now have some nice new scratches. Oh yeah, my winch works too.

Look how well my bfg at's shed the mud.........................yes, thats sarcasm. Im not totaly sold on buying mud tires, but after yesterday im deffinately considering it now.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
mcampana said:
Look how well my bfg at's shed the mud.........................yes, thats sarcasm. Im not totaly sold on buying mud tires, but after yesterday im deffinately considering it now.
...I'm trying to decide between the BFG KO's and MT's myself. I've done enough slipping and sliding in the snow over the past week with the stock OR rugged trails.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
mcampana said:
Well it was a really cool place to wheel. Im sure ill have my pictures in a day or two. They are going to start making it a monthly event. So i know ill be going back.

And Jason, its not just dirt roads dude. The first trail we went on started out going straight up some big ole rocks in a stream. Really tight spots, and i now have some nice new scratches. Oh yeah, my winch works too.

]

Umm, I never said it was a dirt road. Again, I know Mel and Rick (HRJA folks) and have talked to them quite a few times about Beaver Run. There are however just dirt roads there and I had no idea (until I talked to Mel) if they were running the trails that HRJA built, or if they were running their Hummer training trails.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts