Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because my comment in a previous post was probably lost in the age of the post. I thought it would be a good idea to make a new post.

I'm not going to slam them and tell you that you shouldn't use them, but i will explain (in my opinion) of the experience i had with them.

First off, the products they make, the material and craftsmanship is great. I honestly can't take that away from them, the quality is great.

The problem is with the customer service, and making sure their customers are not only happy but supplied with the correct items for the products the sell. I purchased the DIY bumper kit for the 2nd gen Xterra. I wanted to do this because i like working on my vehicle and i thought it would be fun, to customize and add things to it as i wish.

1. They sent me a product that i debate was not what i ordered. They made adjustments and cuts on the front plate that i did not request or want. Then blamed me for the error instead of working with me.

2. Shipment doesn't come with a parts list check list. It would be helpful to get a check list of parts that come in the kit, to be sure you received everything. In my case it would have been helpful since they didn't include very important spacers that were included in the kit. i paid for them, they were supposed to be included, and they even admitted so. They also don't include ANY type of assembly instructions. I'm not talking about a "how to" for dummies, but simple diagram of their kit and how THEY put them together, maybe some helpful tips that they've learned from trial and error. Hell just marking their items in the kit and designated them would nice.

3. Told me they would "get back to me" when they get back from their event that starts next week. Mind you i ordered my kit on 07/14/16 received it month and a half later, and it's almost 2 months now and i'm still trying to get my missing part.

4. Make any excuses and deflections to their faults or errors. After 3 1/2 days of discussion and agreements with the two owners/managers i finally mentioned that i might have to seek legal action if they couldn't perform a simple task like supplying me with the missing part. Once this happen they stopped communication because of their "legal policy"

5. Made a review on their facebook page, small comment about my experience with their customer service and in 30 minutes they removed it. It's obvious they want to dictate and manipulate the potential customers perception of them. they deleted my comment, but can't respond to my emails about tracking info for the missing part.

Overall horrible experience, and i will never purchase or recommend their company to anyone. There's a long list, many emails, and photos more of my experience with them, too much to list. This was a sample size of my experience. Maybe you will or have had a different experience, and i hope you do/did.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
So, you're the reason they adjudicate their Facebook posts now. lol

Unfortunately, your experience is not unique and it's not even the worst. Like you, I can't argue the quality of their work. In my case, it was top notch. However, like yourself, it took a lot of prodding to get my bumper shipped. I think I ordered in July and I finally received the bumper at the end of October or beginning of November. There was another customer that ordered AFTER me and received their bumper by the end of August. They just seemed like they didn't want to ship. I had no problems with them being rude, blaming me for anything, or shifting blame towards anyone else. As far as not talking to you when you mentioned getting a lawyer, that's a pretty standard practice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you're the reason they adjudicate their Facebook posts now. lol

Unfortunately, your experience is not unique and it's not even the worst. Like you, I can't argue the quality of their work. In my case, it was top notch. However, like yourself, it took a lot of prodding to get my bumper shipped. I think I ordered in July and I finally received the bumper at the end of October or beginning of November. There was another customer that ordered AFTER me and received their bumper by the end of August. They just seemed like they didn't want to ship. I had no problems with them being rude, blaming me for anything, or shifting blame towards anyone else. As far as not talking to you when you mentioned getting a lawyer, that's a pretty standard practice.

I only mentioned seeking advice of a lawyer if they continued to ignore and not be helpful in fulfilling their order that I prepaid for. Could easily tell me "no that's not necessary, sorry for the delay and the problems. We are making your spacers and will get them shipped out in next couple days" I would have been totally fine with that. I'm just totally shocked at their business practices.

I know for sure I don't always make my customers happy right off the get, but if they have an issue, if they need or feel they were wronged then I'm fixing the issue and addressing it I immediately.

Glad you got your bumper and are happy with it. I too would like to be happy with mine lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No kidding. Smh.

Not right a company like that can continue to conduct business. I don't care how great your talent is, if you don't have good custom service and quality control then you shouldn't be dealing with the customers. Higher someone that is skilled in customer service and focus what you're good at, being in the shop crafting.

Sucks. I should have looked them up here first. My first interaction with them was great, what seems to be the main problem is when someone doesn't get the correct order. Anytime there's an issue with the order it's like they don't want to deal with it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
These small shops that fabricate quality "stuff" for the X and have lousy customer service reminds me of my experience with a custom competition gun builder. Promises promises, wait wait wait and more promises. Then finally delivered and problems . Not exactly what u ordered. Exactly the same. And just what happened their is kinda whats happening or maybe might happen here in response to this bull****. A company called STI in Texas that was supplying the basic gun frame finally decided to create their own custom shop and sell an awesome line of competition guns for $2900 instead of $4K and they can't make them fast enough. You can save a few dollars buying a BTF or PRG + others..... diff cover and sit around and hope it doesn't leak or comes when u expect it which is totally cool for you ..and a way to support the "small guy" but sorry when I read this crap about people getting screwed I'll spend the $ and buy it from ARB and save the aggrivation. My point is loyalty is earned and the number of unsatisfied customers on this board is amazing.Many of you seem to have way more patience for getting screwed than I do. Anyone of these guys finally "gets" it and they'll own the market. Of course this only my opinion,,

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I'm sure they've had legal issues before, so they are probably over cautious about that.

Also, its kind of like threatening, so in a way, like a gun... you don't mention it, you just do it if you need to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These small shops that fabricate quality "stuff" for the X and have lousy customer service reminds me of my experience with a custom competition gun builder. Promises promises, wait wait wait and more promises. Then finally delivered and problems . Not exactly what u ordered. Exactly the same. And just what happened their is kinda whats happening or maybe might happen here in response to this bull****. A company called STI in Texas that was supplying the basic gun frame finally decided to create their own custom shop and sell an awesome line of competition guns for $2900 instead of $4K and they can't make them fast enough. You can save a few dollars buying a BTF or PRG + others..... diff cover and sit around and hope it doesn't leak or comes when u expect it which is totally cool for you ..and a way to support the "small guy" but sorry when I read this crap about people getting screwed I'll spend the $ and buy it from ARB and save the aggrivation. My point is loyalty is earned and the number of unsatisfied customers on this board is amazing.Many of you seem to have way more patience for getting screwed than I do. Anyone of these guys finally "gets" it and they'll own the market. Of course this only my opinion,,
Your totally right. Can't argue that. I had such an awesome experience and customer service with Greg (Nissan parts expert) that when I found p&p I figured "hey awesome, another Nissan only company that's small and providing good looking product" I was bitten and spoiled by the good service from Greg, damn him and his good business practices. Haha

If I had the ability to fabricate metal I would do exactly that, cause it's BS that this happens to too many of us in this community. I own my own business, been in the family for years and it's pretty simple practice. You treat customers as you want to be treated, and when you make an mistake/error attack it head on you don't run from it and deligate the blame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure they've had legal issues before, so they are probably over cautious about that.

Also, its kind of like threatening, so in a way, like a gun... you don't mention it, you just do it if you need to.
Yeah I know. I messed up on that one. It was only after 3 days of conversations and absurd responses from p&p did I finally react in such a way. I was thinking "do I really have to get a lawyer for spacers? Like how hard is this"

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I refuse to pre-pay for anything up front. I know that limits me, and I could see a deposit, or possibly even progress payments for something large or time consuming, but paying 100% up front is just a big red flag. If they really have a marketable product they should be good with a deposit. If you don't finish the payment, they keep deposit and sell to someone else.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I refuse to pre-pay for anything up front. I know that limits me, and I could see a deposit, or possibly even progress payments for something large or time consuming, but paying 100% up front is just a big red flag. If they really have a marketable product they should be good with a deposit. If you don't finish the payment, they keep deposit and sell to someone else.
Online purchases are all upfront. Even when I purchased from PRG, Amazon, I can't think of anything that you don't. you pay for what is being sent to you. One thing I left out about what I did, I called my credit card company and they said if I don't receive missing part within 15 days they'll reverse the charge and contact P&P, and won't re-release payment until missing part is received.

Now this is what they said, whether they follow through or not is something else.

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts
Online purchases are all upfront. Even when I purchased from PRG, Amazon, I can't think of anything that you don't. you pay for what is being sent to you. One thing I left out about what I did, I called my credit card company and they said if I don't receive missing part within 15 days they'll reverse the charge and contact P&P, and won't re-release payment until missing part is received.

Now this is what they said, whether they follow through or not is something else.

Your cc will follow through. They work for you and want your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Good to see P&P is still alive and kicking for the wrong reasons even a year later. While they don't belong in the Vendor Purgatory, it's definitely buyer beware.

I hope you can resolve your issue expeditiously, I wouldn't even wait the 15 days, process the charge back now. You've been more than fair with a timeline. I bet they'll send that part out pretty quick, or you get to keep 90% of a bumper for free. Just have a local shop fab the missing piece.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to see P&P is still alive and kicking for the wrong reasons even a year later. While they don't belong in the Vendor Purgatory, it's definitely buyer beware.

I hope you can resolve your issue expeditiously, I wouldn't even wait the 15 days, process the charge back now. You've been more than fair with a timeline. I bet they'll send that part out pretty quick, or you get to keep 90% of a bumper for free. Just have a local shop fab the missing piece.
I wish I could, the 15 days is the CC company policy. My guess is they are sick of me and will wait till after next weeks event (dragging their feet) to get the part out.

I have a local shop doing just that for me. I wasn't going to waste anymore time with them. If I get the part great, if not like you said I'm getting money back for their inability to service their paying customers.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Have someone at WENT ask them about it in person and see what answer they give. This is definitely not the first time I've seen a lot of issues with them. Sucks that this all happened to ya. I would ask for a refund and just ship the sh1t back to them if that's feasible

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts
Have someone at WENT ask them about it in person and see what answer they give. This is definitely not the first time I've seen a lot of issues with them. Sucks that this all happened to ya. I would ask for a refund and just ship the sh1t back to them if that's feasible
Are you volunteering?

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
No lol. I'm not a good confrontational person so I wouldn't be good for the cause lol. I think someone did that to them last year at WENT but couldn't remember who

Sent from my couch

1 - 20 of 33 Posts