Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

BCBrian's 2015 PRO4X Build Thread

27K views 111 replies 23 participants last post by  BCBrian 
I agree Rick. I am going to pick up some more hardened washers to replace the anodized washer's supplied and swap all of them out. I believe the issue is the size of the hole in that gusset plate causing the washer to flex downward when tightened but it should not break like that.

I hammered my Shrockworks sliders on my Frontier many times and NEVER had any hardware break. IIRC, the front mount also had a vertical bolt in the same location but the hardware was galvanized not anodized.
Is all of the white knuckle hardware anodized? Mine set is supposed to show up on 1/27. I had the Shrock sliders beforehand also. I wonder if replacing all of the hardware before the install would be better.

I love the tire/wheel combo you have. It looks really good.

Thanks a lot. I considered buying new wheels but decided to stick with the stock ones with the correct offset to fit larger tires w/o a lot of cutting.

All the hardware supplied with the sliders has the same finish. At this point, I have replaced all of the flat washers and I am hoping the bolts, nuts and lock washers will stay together. I used grade 8 hardened flat washers.
Out of all the factory wheels out there, I think those are the ones I wouldn't replace.

Have you called White Knuckle about the issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.