Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I bought our Xterra, in January earlier this year. We bought it for the main purpose of providing access to many of our hobbies. We do a lot of back county camping, hiking, climbing and in the winter, ski touring. In BC a lot of fantastic scambles and mountains are accessible only by 4x4 due to decommissioned FSR roads with lots of water bars. The xterra has served well, and we have loved every second of it! We are seriously excited to get into the backcountry skiing season which is quickly approaching. As summer is mostly behind us here are some highlights, enjoy and thanks to everybody on here for such great information, what a great community of knowledge. Wishing everybody a good transition into fall.

Brandywine Meadows, Near Whistler, BC

Summit of Brandywine Mountain (2213 Meters/7260 feet)

Alpine Meadows, Approach to Williamson Lake (Near Chiliwack BC, bordering Cascade Mountains in Washington)

Tricouni Peak, Final ridge ascent. (Near Squamish/Whistler BC)

Tricouni Meadows, taking a rest just before we're back at the truck.

Tricouni Panorama, Upper Lake

Final Ridge, Black Tusk, Garibaldi Provincial Park, BC (Near Squamish and Whistler)

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Awsome pictures !! Keep an eye out for my blue xterra and if you see me say hi!! I have pics in my build thread. I'm usually around the cascades and Rogers pass during the winter just split boarding. Can't wait for the season to start, I scoped some new terrain this summer and prepped few areas with markers so I can find my back easy when it's all white

Anyways you got me excited thanks for sharing

·
on line
412 Posts
Chehalis lake

Harrison lake from the top of some random peak.

Chehalis lake huge landslide off to the left.

Somewhere between Harrison lake and Stave lake.

Random waterfall and pool out hiking, too bad if was fall.

Camping on the sunshine coast, nice white sand beaches (FYI cougars and bears also like white sand beaches)

Camping at Harrison.

Sunshine coast abandoned bible camp. Must bring winch next time.

Ferry ride back to the lower mainland.

A cold wet Canada day long Weekend.

Camera phone trout shot.

Have Hundreds more. cleary I need to start hiking higher into the alpine lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice pics stuckthrotle! I have been all around those areas as well.

regarding sunshine coast - get the backcountry maps book, and look up Richardson Lake Provincial park, its way up a loggin road, TONS of fun driving, one fairly gnarly section, but epic beauty up there.

also have you been to sloquet hotsprings? between pemberton and harrison. pretty sweet rainy spot to go, huge springs you can hang out in all day - rain or shine!

·
on line
412 Posts
ya the bible camp is at the back of mt Richardson.its a steep trail with lots of huge rocks and switch backs.
I went to sloquet hot springs in may. drove up thru Harrison and back around thru whistler and Vancouver. It was a fun trip lots of naked girls in the hot springs lol.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Hadn't seen this thread :-/
Nice pics...I got a few as well...will post some one of this days!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
43 Posts
That is amazing! Whens the best time of the year to go?

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Great thread, thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looking for Local Knowledge.. what's the deal with decommissioned FSR access in BC? Mostly interested around the Vernon area.I always assumed that once the logging was complete the roads are closed. Here in Alberta most FSR roads I see have a locked gate at the access... generally means keep out to me.
Decommisioned here in BC (well in South Okanagan and Similkameen anyways) usually means water bars cut across at varying depths for drainage. They are usually navigable with something like an XTerra or the sort. I've yet to see a gate on a FSR around here. Just get your copy of the Okanagan Valley BC Backroads mapbook and have fun :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts