Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....my battery just failed me for the 2nd time, so i think i need a new battery. Any recommindations?..if there is a thread for this already, link me to it. I dont know how to use search (or if u can) from the phone
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I'd "recommind" an optima battery - yellow top would be good. If you have an Advance auto near you there are some good coupons for them. Plus they have a good warranty.

The Optima batteries are spiral gas technology, they are resistant to heavy vibrations and don't require maintenance like the OEM battery did.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd "recommind" an optima battery - yellow top would be good. If you have an Advance auto near you there are some good coupons for them. Plus they have a good warranty.

The Optima batteries are spiral gas technology, they are resistant to heavy vibrations and don't require maintenance like the OEM battery did.

Oooo......a wise acre here..........mocking my misspeleggs?...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,316 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Problem with optima is they have been having more and more problems and there were talks that they moved some manufacturing to mexico and since they have been hit or miss. I know of 2 locals off the top of my head with issues.

With that being said I have an optima yellow top and love it! Haven't had a single issue with it yet. But I haven't seen a single problem with the high end diehard.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Costco Kirkland. They have one that fits the original tray, with the lugs in the right location and orientation, and I think it has a few extra CCA's to boot. Cheap with a wicked warranty. Never failed to start the X through the winter in Calgary last year.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Do you need a new battery or do you need a new alternator? Have you checked both? And why not go dual battery set up?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,651 Posts
I just abandoned optima after another battery failed on me after 3 short years, just after the warranty expires. I went to the X2 battery from batteries plus, which has a 5 year warranty and more CCA.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Is that their Optima/Odyssey equivalent house brand? AGM, maintenance free, etc? I think that's the one I got as well ... cheaper than Odyssey and similar specs. Been working great for me so far; and with the 5yr warranty, it was hard to pass up.

·
on line
2,651 Posts
Is that their Optima/Odyssey equivalent house brand? AGM, maintenance free, etc? I think that's the one I got as well ... cheaper than Odyssey and similar specs. Been working great for me so far; and with the 5yr warranty, it was hard to pass up.
Yup house brand for them. I have a local friend here in Boise that works for them so I got a saweet discount on the battery, solid $50 off. I am very happy with it so far.

285 Posts
Look at the Diehard Platinum, which is a rebadged Odyssey.

Currently on sale at the time of this posting for $172.49. Use coupon code SEARS2013 for an extra $5 off.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Costco Kirkland. They have one that fits the original tray, with the lugs in the right location and orientation, and I think it has a few extra CCA's to boot. Cheap with a wicked warranty. Never failed to start the X through the winter in Calgary last year.

+1 To that. Same here:rockin:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just replaced with a Costco Kirkland as well this week. $70 dollars for Kirkland or ~$200 for optima or the likes... Both start the car and since presently my electronics load is very light, I will stick with Kirkland.

Maybe down the line when I get my inverter and sound system set up, I will upgrade to a more stout battery.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts