Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post! It really feels good to be hooked up to a new X site!!! I have a question about Baldwin filter # B1431. Has anyone tried it? It has the same base dimensions but is 101mm long I think, offering a little more media. Maybe it's a fetish, but I like really clean oil.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Know nothing of the Baldwin filters, but hey, give it a try and see how it works (though, you probably wouldn't see a difference, would most likely have to send the oil out for analysis.

BTW, where in Pittsburgh are you? I live in Penn Hills.

·
on line
463 Posts
Baldwin seems to be hard to find on the Left coast,,don't know why ?
Anyway, I read about a year or so ago that they amongst the better quality filters.

·
on line
89 Posts
I used to use these really big oil filters on all my GMs. They were essentially double the filter length of the normal stock filters. If you can fit a bigger filter on the X I am all for it. Not just because of the filtration, but you can fit more oil in the truck. That cant be a bad thing, because if you can fit 10-15-20% more oil in the truck the oil should not break down as fast.

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the responses. Muzik, I am in WashCo Finleyville area, and you are right to do a scientific comparison you would have to runs X miles with filter 1 and oil A. Then have the oil analized (I know some Diesel rebuilders that could do that), and repeat x miles filter 2 oil A, and analize. This sounds like a good project for a chemical engineering student( hint hint). Might be able to run 5.5 qts iandade1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts