Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a baja kit for their X? If so can you link the site?
I want to jump my ride without causing as much damage. I currently have the NissTec 6" lift, but that's not cutting it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Talk to Danny @ Xterra Performance. They have a race X and he would be able to steer you in the right direction.
That X has a lot of custom components and is mostly stripped out.
Danny doesn't own the yellow race Xterra, it's owned by a guy named Dave here in Utah. He has been involved in off-road racing for decades. Almost nothing on that Xterra is off-the-shelf, as he built a lot of parts himself, including most of the suspension components.

If the OP doesn't mind being 2WD only, the Dirt King long-travel kits are the only off-the-shelf parts I know of made for an Xterra. You will need to source new coilovers as well.
DIRT KING FABRICATION

Coupled with custom Alcans in the back and external reservoir shocks, it's a good start. The main issue in the back is getting enough shock travel for full droop and full bump. Cutting up a pickup bed to put in shock towers is less intimidating than cutting into the cargo area of the Xterra. Getting more travel in the back could also mean moving the spring perches and running longer springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
ThePlasticOne
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing