Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put on a lift kit (front spacers rear longer shackles) and thought it didn't lift my rear enough but did some measurements today and found the my passenger side is perfect however my driver rear is sagging about an inch was wandering what you guys though i think i am just going to replace rear struts. any thoughts on if this would fix it or not or what to do not looking to spend a bunch. :confused:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
gas tank is almost empty and how do you know leaf springs?? or how could i be sure of either
Because it's not the shocks that support the weight of the vehicle - it's the springs. In the front, it's the coils that surround your shocks that support the weight and in the back, it's the leafs. Stock rear leaf springs on Xterra are notoriously soft and very short-lived.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
OME Dakar spring pack adds about 1.5" of lift (a little more when new, but they settle). If you have adjustable shackles, you should be able to keep it about the same height. And get them from Nisstec, use the discount code for a few bucks off.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ya I seen that but I don't have adjustable shackles may have to get them since I gotta get new springs and don't wanna get nissan ones if this is an issue also any thoughts on why one would settle do much worse than the other
Posted via Mobile Device
If I'm reading your question properly, you're wondering why the stock leafs settle so much more than the OME set? It's a question of quality. I'm not sure if the stock leafs are made of a lesser compound or treated differently through the manufacturing process (or both) but suffice to say, the stock leafs eventually flatten.

If you're on a tight budget, you could do an add-a-leaf, but it's putting a band-aid on the issue rather than correcting it for the long term.

I think a set of OME leafs and some adjustable shackles are what you're after, mate.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
ok man thanks for the info i am not asking why the nissan ones suck lol what i was asking is if there is a good set out there not made by nissan that will raise me basically to the same height as the factory ones so i don't have to buy new shackles again ??
That I can't say, mate. I don't know of anyone that's gone for new leafs in hopes of retaining stock height...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts