Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know me... and some may not so here is the background:
Purchased my first X on August 1st 1999.. Silver Ice SE 4x4
Started the Pacific Northwest Xterra Club (along with SlimeDog) in November 1999
coined the phrase "X" waaaaaay back when, mostly because I was lazy and didn't want to say or type Xterra every time. It didn't take long to catch on. Was then asked in a Nissan focus group why we called it the "X"... well DUH! Then Nissan started using it in their marketing. I should have copyrighted it :glasses8:
Helped with the introduction of the ARB bullbar and test fitted one at ARB in Seattle along with a rear air locker so they could market them.
I am the one that munched my tailpipe first resulting in the "Mosi'd" tailpipe.
Attended the first GOX .... and GOXII. Met my wife at GOXII and we have been together for 5 years now.... her screen name is Mindie on this board.
Been in a heavily built Disco II for the last 5 years and just sold it.
Picking up an Avalanche OR on Monday and am REALLY glad to be back in an Xterra!
Can I have a cookie now? :cheers:

I just read my wife's post and this is very redundant :drunken:

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Welcome to you too! :cheers:

·
on line
423 Posts
Hey Mosi.

I still have my 2000 and just bought a used 2005. Welcome back.

Oh, and my 2000? Yup, I sport the Mosi tail pipe mod and have called it that since I crunched it on Hells Revenge.

Welcome to the group. Lots of good stuff here for our 2nd gens, and can't wait to see what you come up with :bounce:

·
on line
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
usmc xterra said:
Yea, but he sold a Disco II and is back! So what does that tell ya!
Welcome back.
MC
It was a fun truck and took us many places but HOLY CRAP that thing is spendy to fix! I will miss the live axles and coil sprung suspension for sure but the thing felt like a death trap on the highway with how much body roll there is. It would be cool to get an old LR Serries rig for fun some day.

·
on line
463 Posts
Hi there !
You've really got some history.
But then your wife had told us that !
Just a joke, my better half is always on me about communication!
( yeah, yeah, Yeah ! )

Jim B

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yea I replaced a suspension for a guy on one of those, Air Shocks with coil overs, Pretty cool but very pricey! MC

Mosi said:
usmc xterra said:
Yea, but he sold a Disco II and is back! So what does that tell ya!
Welcome back.
MC
It was a fun truck and took us many places but HOLY CRAP that thing is spendy to fix! I will miss the live axles and coil sprung suspension for sure but the thing felt like a death trap on the highway with how much body roll there is. It would be cool to get an old LR Serries rig for fun some day.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts