Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am back at it with my Xterra project after the longest year of my life. My family and I were in a bad accident one year ago on feb 23 and we lost our 8 year old son Maverick. We were hit by a man with no license who was going 75 miles per hour and ran a stop sign. My wife and I have been working on Recovering physically and mentally.
Though I am no where near there yet I have decided to continue on with my project. I am planning to T swap. I have been researching and have been looking for donor parts as it is not an unlimited budget.

I have built my custom rear bumper and light bar brackets and I am working on my switch bank right now.

I’m not sure if this thread is In The right place but here is what I have so far.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
554 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss, how extremely devastating and difficult. I hope you can find some sense of normalcy even through the project with the X! I look forward to following along, maybe we could even hit a trail in the shaver area

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Xterra Offroad
44 Posts
Holy shit man. A thousand condolences to you and your family. That's absolutely gut-wrenching and I can't even fathom what you all must have been going through (and still are). I think returning to the forums and continuing your projects is commendable and will ultimately help keep your mind busy and off of the pain. That's a wild paint job and I love it. Looks great--very sharp. Keep it up, brother!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am very sorry for your loss, how extremely devastating and difficult. I hope you can find some sense of normalcy even through the project with the X! I look forward to following along, maybe we could even hit a trail in the shaver area

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thank you sir! I love going up to the shaver area and bass lake area too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy shit man. A thousand condolences to you and your family. That's absolutely gut-wrenching and I can't even fathom what you all must have been going through (and still are). I think returning to the forums and continuing your projects is commendable and will ultimately help keep your mind busy and off of the pain. That's a wild paint job and I love it. Looks great--very sharp. Keep it up, brother!
Maverick was full of life so we feel that we owe it to him to keep on living. Not just living but living abundantly! I spend every day living for his legacy brother!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There are few things in life which are harder to deal with than the loss of a child.

It tears at yourself and your marriage.

I pray you and your wife find peace in each other.
Ps: I love what's been done with the Xterra.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss...

In your effort to move forward we appreciate you sharing your work and so far it looks awesome, nice work on the bumper and love the lining, have been leaning that way myself...you sir have helped my lean...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts