Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
TNX Veteran
3,618 Posts
Yo Broll I went on a solo trip last weekend and did a couple a film spots where I set up my camera and drove by similar to how you do your videos. My God I don't know how you do it. I felt like I spent 30 minutes and got like barely two minutes of video that was actually worth watching. Totally not worth it for me hahaha

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Yo Broll I went on a solo trip last weekend and did a couple a film spots where I set up my camera and drove by similar to how you do your videos. My God I don't know how you do it. I felt like I spent 30 minutes and got like barely two minutes of video that was actually worth watching. Totally not worth it for me hahaha
oh trust me, i think about quitting every time haha! turns out there is a reason no one else does it this way. i had plans to film at least 3 trails so i could take a week or two off but it took me nearly 5hrs to get to BV and Antero 7hrs to film, went all the way to Pomeroy in the dark to find 0 camping, then back down and up Tincup a couple miles where i finally found camp.. then had to get home the next day. the videos have nothing to do with the actual day i had haha. thanks for watching though!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
It's always a shame seeing the beetle kill like that. The rest of that forest is done in a couple years.
my buddy was telling me the next day this forest isn't beetle kill (because that's what i thought too) but he couldn't remember what. i looked when i got home and found this on the budworm which i've never heard of but the Visual Impacts photo looks the same to me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Hey is that a CB antenna I see? what channel/ handle do you use?

not that we'd likely be in range.

I use the same "handle" I have here, mtnbound "mountain-bound".
i got into CB's from driving semi's so as a habit i'm just always on 19. there are a few base stations in Littleton, Commerce City and by the airport where a couple-few guys will be talking about whatever but usually just their radios and how they sound haha. once in awhile you catch a trucker fight which is usually hilarious. currently my friends have all lost their CB's (got new cars) but when they had them we used 22, they are getting new ones "soon" though. i go by Liam Nissan but they usually just say John haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeee it's so cool dude. It feels like you're somewhere on an uninhabited planet. The atmosphere reminds me of a movie Prometheus . The picture and quality is just on top. I love going into the wild too. I love Hiking, boating on mountain rivers and everything related to extreme. I see myself as Bear Gryllz f**ck yeahh )). I don't know on what camera you're shooting. I always shoot on Sony A600 + Zhiyun Crane Plus gimbal stabilizer from https://gimbalgarage.com/best-gimbals-for-mirrorless-cameras/ in my opinion this is the best bunch Camera + Gimbal, let me recommend for the future. The only thing I miss in my travels is a drone. I think in the near future be sure to buy it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Yeee it's so cool dude. It feels like you're somewhere on an uninhabited planet. The atmosphere reminds me of a movie Prometheus . The picture and quality is just on top. I love going into the wild too. I love Hiking, boating on mountain rivers and everything related to extreme. I see myself as Bear Gryllz f**ck yeahh )). I don't know on what camera you're shooting. I always shoot on Sony A600 + Zhiyun Crane Plus gimbal stabilizer from https://gimbalgarage.com/best-gimbals-for-mirrorless-cameras/ in my opinion this is the best bunch Camera + Gimbal, let me recommend for the future. The only thing I miss in my travels is a drone. I think in the near future be sure to buy it.
haha sick thanks! i waited for over an hour at the mine for people to come and go, i like the solitude vibe. seems like i'm not even there, it's just the Xterra doing everything all by itself. i think when my friends are in the background, their dogs are walking around, or there are other cameras in the shot it takes you out of it. you don't see other cameras in real movies right? also when i look right at the camera in Silver Creek video, i almost scrapped that clip haha. up until about 10 videos ago i was using an iPhone 7+ but recently got an XS Max after losing the 7+ with a whole Moab trip on it. my drone is the Mavic Pro and with the new ones coming out you should be able to get a whole kit used for much less. i would really like to get some kind of gimbal/follow me deal so i can pan across as i go by but we'll see.

141 - 160 of 179 Posts