Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I remember seeing that Yota climb that obstacle, just inching up, literally...so awesome! I agree with the stigma, you can go 4low all day and not hurt anything as long as you keep the speed reasonable. I also don't get the stigma of going into more gears if in a manual. In the UAE they routinely go 4low in third gear in the dunes and I am usually between 2nd and 3rd on the trails.
yea in my manual Ranger i never did any clutch work on obstacles, pick a gear and a line and just keep it smooth. sometimes there would be short sand sections and i would go into 5th!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
You are an asset and a credit to the Xterra community!!!!
Not only to show what kind of extensive travel our vehicles can do but also since its all solo!
sorry got tied up yesterday in the middle of responding- thank you so much! there really aren't many videos unless you have a Jeep, Tacoma or 4Runner which is lame. the solo thing is an issue that's been brought up a bunch and i don't even recommend it haha, it's just necessary for me to keep making these. if you ARE planning on going alone there are plenty of things you can do to manage the risk. i also don't think someone who wants to take their family camping needs to hire a guide or wait for one of their friends' schedules to match up. take it easy and be smart but my expertise comes from previous failures. i don't even want to imagine the comments if we'd been filming 10yrs ago..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Can you help me find this on google maps? I think I found little cotton wood creek but i dont see the trail.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Little+Cottonwood+Creek+off+road+trail++co/@38.7454762,-106.0580218,43378m/data=!3m1!1e3
you're close, the trailhead is just northeast of there. it's trail 185D which goes between 300 (Bald Mountain Gulch) and 185 (Aspen Ridge). we took Bassam Park to Bald Mountain Gulch and took the hairpin onto Little Cottonwood Creek.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
you're close, the trailhead is just northeast of there. it's trail 185D which goes between 300 (Bald Mountain Gulch) and 185 (Aspen Ridge). we took Bassam Park to Bald Mountain Gulch and took the hairpin onto Little Cottonwood Creek.
Thanks!

That really helps.

I'll be camping near collegiate peaks so I'm hoping I can spend a few hours and explore this area, looks like there's plenty to explore!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Hey man (@B_Roll) what happened to the spare on the top?
i originally had it there with plans to put air tank/possibly extra hoses where it's supposed to be. then i took it off to paint the rack and realized i'm never going to do the air stuff, airing up as i do now isn't that big of a deal and has been working fine for years haha. plus i want laptop, bumper/winch, sliders, wheels, camera, rack/lights first and in that order haha.

121 - 140 of 167 Posts