Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

281 - 300 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
Do you not have a job???? How to you get out and wheel around so much? Lol. Keep it up man, I love your videos.
lol M-F 9-5! in a perfect world i get 2-5 videos in a single weekend, this weekend i got 4 so that's a month of videos at 1 a week which feels great. i do wild stuff sometimes to get a video out, i hate missing weeks. one time i drove to Moab after work (6hrs), slept 2hrs, filmed for 12hrs then drove 8.5hrs home in a snowstorm haha. also my gf works weekends so it's an easy out every week...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
lol M-F 9-5! in a perfect world i get 2-5 videos in a single weekend, this weekend i got 4 so that's a month of videos at 1 a week which feels great. i do wild stuff sometimes to get a video out, i hate missing weeks. one time i drove to Moab after work (6hrs), slept 2hrs, filmed for 12hrs then drove 8.5hrs home in a snowstorm haha. also my gf works weekends so it's an easy out every week...
ah, that makes sense. I'm jealous man.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
172 Posts
Ugh, the classic perfect warm weekend in Utah followed by the perfect snow storm driving back home. Never friggin fails, I swear!

But hey man, just subscribed on YouTube. We should go out and overland and shoot some time.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Haha, I was doing the same thing but stayed in the city. I went out close to sundown and was nearly the only idiot on the road. A lot of undriven side streets and alleys, and even found a huge parking lot for a Sam's Club in Stapleton that was unplowed and did donuts for nearly an hour. Not a single cop, plow truck, security guard or even another diver. Found one tight alley that had drifted in to about 4 feet on one side, 1 foot on the other and the Xterra (no rear locker) just plowed right through it. Almost got her stuck, but she ate her way out.

Looks like you were down the 285 corridor? Saw a highway 73 sign at one point...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
Haha, I was doing the same thing but stayed in the city. I went out close to sundown and was nearly the only idiot on the road. A lot of undriven side streets and alleys, and even found a huge parking lot for a Sam's Club in Stapleton that was unplowed and did donuts for nearly an hour. Not a single cop, plow truck, security guard or even another diver. Found one tight alley that had drifted in to about 4 feet on one side, 1 foot on the other and the Xterra (no rear locker) just plowed right through it. Almost got her stuck, but she ate her way out.

Looks like you were down the 285 corridor? Saw a highway 73 sign at one point...
that's awesome! we didn't have any tows either and only saw a couple pick-up plows and a guy messing around.

yea this is by my old house in Conifer then we took S Turkey to 285 to 73 then N Turkey back to 285 for a nice loop. if we took Deer Creek up we would've hit all my old tracks haha.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
yea this is by my old house in Conifer then we took S Turkey to 285 to 73 then N Turkey back to 285 for a nice loop. if we took Deer Creek up we would've hit all my old tracks haha.
That's what I thought (didn't want to give away your exact location if you didn't want me to). I've done plenty of donuts in that round about and the parking lot right next to it. There isn't much better than making first tracks in fresh powder.

That same route use to be our motorcycle riding route when I was a young pup.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
That's what I thought (didn't want to give away your exact location if you didn't want me to). I've done plenty of donuts in that round about and the parking lot right next to it. There isn't much better than making first tracks in fresh powder.

That same route use to be our motorcycle riding route when I was a young pup.
me too! i used to work at Santa Fe/County Line and sometimes after taking Deer Creek up on the bike it made sense to just keep going.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot for the "Dome Plateau" I'll be doing that one first in May as part of goneMOAB 2021. Are you doing other trails in Moab?

BTW, do you have a patreon or a paypal?

i DO have a Patreon, thank you for asking!

not sure when i'll be in Moab next but here is the playlist of all the trails i've filmed. i also have Easy/Medium/Hard Playlists. thanks for watching!
Moab Trails

281 - 300 of 311 Posts