Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

261 - 280 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Pro 4X - Black, Manual Transmission
37 Posts
Amazing that you were able to drive AND also control the drone at the same time ! Lol!

Is your rig stick-shift or automatic?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Amazing that you were able to drive AND also control the drone at the same time ! Lol!

Is your rig stick-shift or automatic?
i wanted one, my Ranger was stick but i figured it's one less thing to worry about when filming so went Auto this time around. thanks for watching!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i wanted one, my Ranger was stick but i figured it's one less thing to worry about when filming so went Auto this time around. thanks for watching!
And for each of your shots, are you stopping your rig, getting out, running 80 feet up the road, setting up the camera, hitting record, running back, riding through the shot, stopping your rig again, getting out, running back to retrieve the camera, etc... ?? (Or do you bring a separate cameraman?)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
And for each of your shots, are you stopping your rig, getting out, running 80 feet up the road, setting up the camera, hitting record, running back, riding through the shot, stopping your rig again, getting out, running back to retrieve the camera, etc... ?? (Or do you bring a separate cameraman?)
you got it haha, i've only had friends on a few occasions because it takes so long (even with two people) it stresses me out to drag someone else along.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you got it haha, i've only had friends on a few occasions because it takes so long (even with two people) it stresses me out to drag someone else along.
Holy crap - That sounds like a ton o work... (and far LESS enjoyable than just barreling through the wild in your X! Lol!!:LOL:) but thanks so much for the awesome vids...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Holy crap - That sounds like a ton o work... (and far LESS enjoyable than just barreling through the wild in your X! Lol!!:LOL:) but thanks so much for the awesome vids...
yea it's a big difference, i have to wheel without filming every once in awhile just to bring the fun back. i nearly got burnt out in the beginning, gotta pace myself haha. also when i got the drone i was thinking "cool, i'll barely stop moving, toss this thing out the window and save so much time!" if you're thinking of getting a drone this is not the case lol.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
What's your typical travel time to these trails? Do you usually camp?

Nice video, as always.
thanks again! i camp and film almost every weekend but a lot of these are when i have a random day off i'll just go filming. first clip was at 1:23 and last clip at the top 3:14 so about 2hrs but this trail is only 2.6 miles, some of these trails are 10hrs haha.

Reactions: CAchief

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
it better be, he's always tinkering with it haha. i did a walkaround on it here if you wanna check it out.
Yah I've watched that one. I've seen dozens of your vids, even before I knew you were a member here. I loved the walk around of your sleeping set up in your xterra, even my 10 year old was laughing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Yah I've watched that one. I've seen dozens of your vids, even before I knew you were a member here. I loved the walk around of your sleeping set up in your xterra, even my 10 year old was laughing.
haha that's awesome! one thing i never even considered when i started the channel was children liking it but my friends say all their kids love it which is really cool. thanks again!

261 - 280 of 311 Posts