Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
great video!

btw, can you think of any trails closer to woodland park?
i have a Rampart Range Playlist for a bunch of trails in that area and other than that i like Turkey Track. it unfortunately looks like a landfill in the beginning but once you get over the ridge it's pretty cool. there are a couple good campsites to the left and if you go straight it will take you to the other network by Stump Rd where you can hit Little Creek Ridge and stuff like that.

Reactions: mtnbound

·
TNX Senior Member
537 Posts
Hey I saw you today down on the platte River! You were heading towards deckers, I was walking back to my truck. Did you happen to see my black xterra parked next to a gray frontier, it was completely covered in mud? It looked like your old red truck was following you(been watching your videos since before you had an Xterra)? Cheers!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Hey I saw you today down on the platte River! You were heading towards deckers, I was walking back to my truck. Did you happen to see my black xterra parked next to a gray frontier, it was completely covered in mud? It looked like your old red truck was following you(been watching your videos since before you had an Xterra)? Cheers!
hell yea spotted you from a mile away! how was fishing? that's my buddy's Tacoma, i was gonna stop but didn't want to seem weird haha. however i immediately got on the radio and he confirmed your rig is sick. We were on the way to Illinois Gulch.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
hell yea spotted you from a mile away! how was fishing? that's my buddy's Tacoma, i was gonna stop but didn't want to seem weird haha. however i immediately got on the radio and he confirmed your rig is sick. We were on the way to Illinois Gulch.
also thanks for watching bud!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #205

another camp trip but again don't worry, these aren't to replace trail videos but rather put up something instead of nothing. luckily we are starting to melt here in CO and hoping to get some trails before next Tuesday.

·
TNX Senior Member
537 Posts
“Time to switch to the shotgun” lmao! Looks like you were up above above chessman reservoir? Ya we were actually down there having some lunch and wine on the river. I haven’t made it out fishing In a few months unfortunately. Better be careful with a Red Rider BB gun you’ll shoot your eye out!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #207

here's the trip meanGREENnugget saw me on, enjoy!

Reactions: mtnbound

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
911 Posts
Nice footage with the drone... Even if you did have some wind to deal with. Is Colorado taking California transplants??

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Nice footage with the drone... Even if you did have some wind to deal with. Is Colorado taking California transplants??

thanks and we have been for a decade haha! also my favorite drone footage vids are: Onion Creek, Mount Bross, Mount Antero and Hancock Lake if you're interested.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #212

after two months inside this was beyond amazing, glad to be back!

Reactions: scoyoc

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
haha my buddy just off camera was like "omg i thought you were serious.." :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
I was kind of curious to hear about it though, this was the first trip with the RTT correct?

yea this was and then i did 3 nights this weekend. i'll probably do a review next weekend, way too much beer this weekend haha but here are my first impressions:

pro's:

mattress is very high density foam making it firm which i actually liked a lot and it got me thinking my mattress at home is way too soft.

the Light Suppression Technology is insane, it is so much cooler in there in the direct sun and was absolutely pitch black at high noon.

very spacious, could do 3 people in a pinch and lots of room head to toe even though i'm 6'1".

i like that it flips over the side making a small awning.

bigger bag is easy to get over the tent when packing up.

fun to be up high.

good headroom

looks cool open.

cons:

looks horrible closed, our roof rails are so close together that the front and back view just make me shake my head.

that big bag covers the whole side of the car when tent is open. we rolled it up and shoved it under the rail but before my buddy came over i couldn't get it tight enough alone.

the weight is very noticeable on mountain highways, trails were easy last 2 weekends so unsure how it feels off camber.

i hate setting up and tearing down, maybe it takes about the same time as my OzTent but you have to walk around the whole car 10x to get it open.. there are 8 velcro straps, you have to compress the ladder after it's folded, do a zipper all the way around and 2 corner velcros. almost every one of these is from a new position getting on the tire, standing on the inside of the fender in the rear door, moving to front door, go to other side..

the "can't leave without packing up" dilemma. often times i set up camp, get bored in an hour and then go drive around. last night i wanted to do this but couldn't..

basically all the reasons that have kept me from getting one were correct and proven, but once it's all set i DO really like it so it's a tough call. i don't know, i'd recommend it to someone else but don't i think it's for me haha.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey dude. Somebody in the Mountain region section just recommended your YT channel to me as I'm sure you saw because you "liked" it.

I looked at your post history on here trying to see what you did to make your vehicle so capable offroad. It looked like all you did was the complete OME. Is that still your current suspension setup?

I was considering the advanced coilover package from PRG, but after seeing the difference in prices and the fact that you're able to achieve so much with your setup, I'm thinking OME is for me.

My intended use is daily driving and then hopefully checking out a bunch of spots from your videos.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Hey dude. Somebody in the Mountain region section just recommended your YT channel to me as I'm sure you saw because you "liked" it.

I looked at your post history on here trying to see what you did to make your vehicle so capable offroad. It looked like all you did was the complete OME. Is that still your current suspension setup?

I was considering the advanced coilover package from PRG, but after seeing the difference in prices and the fact that you're able to achieve so much with your setup, I'm thinking OME is for me.

My intended use is daily driving and then hopefully checking out a bunch of spots from your videos.
nice! you are correct, the only real upgrade is the OME complete. i also have 33" tires, no steps or mudflaps, and i took my sway bars off. that last one is a little hard for me to recommend since it IS technically a safety issue but i've done it on the last 3 vehicles and drive accordingly. you could always find swaybar disconnect parts and achieve the same goal.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts