Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
on line
723 Posts
just picked mine up from ups! But its still pouring rain and im sick of being wet. Will let you know my thoughts once installed. Thanks for the speedy shipping!

·
on line
723 Posts
got them in today. Got a lot of noise/rattle. Will give it 1000-1500 km to see if it gets better. If not i will be looking into a different muffler

·
on line
5,042 Posts
DT I believe..

·
on line
723 Posts
yup. everything straight from you prerunner. Ps your awsome on the shipping! Always quick out the door after a order and prob the fastest overthe border. Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
On your website it looks like the shorties give a better bump in low end TQ than the long tubes. Is that the case? Do the shorties replace the front cats in the process? In other words, if I installed the shorties and the B pipes, would I have any cats left? I really haven't looked to see what the exhaust routing looks like.

·
on line
3,908 Posts
On your website it looks like the shorties give a better bump in low end TQ than the long tubes. Is that the case? Do the shorties replace the front cats in the process? In other words, if I installed the shorties and the B pipes, would I have any cats left? I really haven't looked to see what the exhaust routing looks like.
The shorties just replace the manifolds. You would still have a set of cats with shorties and b-pipes.

·
on line
16,147 Posts
hmmm...looking into these....still not sold on them tho....how do people like them so far??
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
1,522 Posts
It will give you that tin can rattle at least mine did with my setup. Im gona be chopping the b pipes up and weld on some hiflow cats to them to see if that will kill the tincan noise. But other than the noise did see some noticeable gains.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
on line
16,147 Posts
thanks for the input....my x sounds amazing right now and it was a lot of work to get it to sound that way...i may shy away from these and go for an ims and lightweight pulleys...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
3,908 Posts
thanks for the input....my x sounds amazing right now and it was a lot of work to get it to sound that way...i may shy away from these and go for an ims and lightweight pulleys...
Posted via Mobile Device
IMS ftw, and pullys are on my list. I have only seen the lightweight crank pulley offered, anyone besides stillen make them?
/threadjack

·
on line
1,522 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device
I been thinking about the light weight pulleys myself. Let me know how that goes.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I have to object to the lightweight pullies if you are looking for additional performance... The key to the b pipes are to NOT run a chambered muffler i.e. flowmaster and possibly add a resonator into the mix.

·
on line
1,522 Posts
Yeh I ran both style muffler with same issues. Now Im running a magnaflow straight through muffler and have a resonator installed and no help. Thats why Im thinking putting in highflow cats there.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts