Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up. I'm currently working in brooklyn for probably the next two weeks. If anyone wants to meet up to grab dinner/beers mon-fri after like 7pm let me know! Shoot me a text or call me at 845 242 8187. I'm staying with a friend in ditmas park area. between ocean and cony island on webster ave. Hit me up!

- Dave

·
on line
516 Posts
Hey what's up,

Sad that it's nearly impossible for me to get some free time leading up to the new year due to work, holiday activities, etc. :crybaby:

Otherwise I'd say let's add some moderate wheeling to the mix too.

I don't drive a 1st Gen or Heep (jeep?).

But hey - I'll give you a shout if things change.

Happy Holidays!!!

·
on line
516 Posts
Brooklyn Crew refers to NEXTerra's resident squad of crazy Russian dudes who, as luck would have it, all reside in Brooklyn :thumbup:

Come out to Northern Exposure (which is after the New Year :) )!
Ahh that explains it. Thanks for the heads up on Northern Exposure too.

About 2 weeks ago I was heading out to a beach that I haven't gone to before (Rockaway), and there was a suburban 4x4 blocking the off-road trail leading to the ocean. He had a broken tie-rod on the driver side so that wheel turned & dragged during the on-going recovery attempt (2006 Pathfinder & 1st Gen Tacoma pulling in tandem). And he was also partially resting on the frame in deep sand.

After coming to their aid with some ratchet straps for the wondering wheel and some Xterra Lo-Range w/Locker pulling power we got him free of the hole he was in and back to the street for AAA . Turns out that suburban was also in the Park gear during most of this.

After all was said and done I casually said it's a good idea to air-down some more if you're getting stuck. To which one of them responded with "I never air down but that's what the Russians around here say I should do".

Makes me wonder if that was a reference to the Brooklyn Crew.

Ya never know :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey what's up,

Sad that it's nearly impossible for me to get some free time leading up to the new year due to work, holiday activities, etc. :crybaby:

Otherwise I'd say let's add some moderate wheeling to the mix too.

I don't drive a 1st Gen or Heep (jeep?).

But hey - I'll give you a shout if things change.

Happy Holidays!!!
Yeah let me know, I have no idea where you could go wheeling in the city lol....but that would be out of the question because I work mon-sat 6am to 6pm and I go home sat night. Otherwise tho, hit me up if you wanna grab food and/or beer!

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
After all was said and done I casually said it's a good idea to air-down some more if you're getting stuck. To which one of them responded with "I never air down but that's what the Russians around here say I should do".

Makes me wonder if that was a reference to the Brooklyn Crew.

Ya never know :thumbup:
Could be them, I know they like fishing. I once crashed a mod day of theirs when I was in town last summer...they insisted on going fishing even after a full day of work and one of them nearly had a heat stroke. Dudes are camping out at Rausch Creek the night before the run there.

Then again, there are a lot of Russians in NY, and when you see what four-wheelers have to deal with in Russia, they're usually worth listening to :salute:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts