Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say hypothetically i can find an axle and a diff, from another 2nd gen xterra, that has a m226 axle etc, and it has 3.69 or 4.1 gear ratio, would it be worth it/possible to swap those for my c200k 3.13 axle? i have a 2011, auto. The axle/diff would come out of a 2012 pro4x with manual trans. What issues would i be encountering?
i know i can always regear, but am curious if this would be possible

· Premium Member
9,957 Posts
Gotta do the front too. I did it, as well as several others. Biggest issue people run into is the m226 uses different abs sensors (plug and play on the vehicle side) and not all jy axles come with them. They are $$. Also, verify the gear ratio before installing. JY's are notorious for listing that wrong.

Also make sure to buy one with a matching companion flange as what you have. Most 4x4's have 6 bolts but some have 4. Watch out for that.

· Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The driveshaft is also a different length.
true - c200 driveshaft is about 1" longer than m226 driveshaft. BUT if ya got about a 2-2.5" lift in rear, it's not much of a big deal. It's when the rear is at stock height that 1" difference can screw up your transfer case seals. when the rear end fully stuffs.

· Registered
3 Posts
true - c200 driveshaft is about 1" longer than m226 driveshaft. BUT if ya got about a 2-2.5" lift in rear, it's not much of a big deal. It's when the rear is at stock height that 1" difference can screw up your transfer case seals. when the rear end fully stuffs.
I’m getting ready for a similar swap. 2005 O/R 6-speed rear axle, onto my 2005 SE. I’m going to swap front diff and rear axle. Just worried about which drive shaft to use. My X has a solid 2.5-3” lift in the rear. I’d love to pick your brain if you’ve done this. Thanks!
O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts